Would you like to:
· Produce error-free documents every time?
· Use professionally recognised proofreading symbols correctly?
· Know exactly what to look for when proofing any document?
· Learn strategies for catching more mistakes?
· Launch a freelance career as a professional proofreader?
If so, this course is for you.
In this highly detailed and practical proofreading course, you'll learn:
· Strategies for catching more errors – even when proofing in a hurry
· Spelling 'landmines' - and how to avoid them
· The most common errors of punctuation, grammar and syntax
· How to ensure correct use of capitalisation, as well as bold and italic text
· What to look for when fact-checking an article
· How to ensure your document has a consistent style
· How to catch errors in headlines, graphs, charts and tables
· How to proofread academic text
· Tips for proofreading video content
· How to earn an income as a proofreader
You’ll also get detailed instruction on how to use proofreading symbols correctly, to indicate the need to:
· Insert and delete text
· Insert and delete punctuation marks
· Indicate typographical changes (bold, italic etc)
· Raise a question about the text
· Alter the look of paragraphs
· Indicate you've changed your mind about a mark-up
HOW IS THIS COURSE DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PROOFREADING COURSES?
Proofread Like a Pro is a comprehensive course that digs deep into the skills you need to be a successful proofreader. But what really sets this course apart is its practicality.
Proofreading is a skill you learn best by doing. That’s why, in Proofread Like a Pro, you won’t simply be bombarded with information about proofreading. After almost every lecture, you’ll be presented with a proofreading exercise designed to test your understanding of the material – and hone your ability to catch typical errors.
What’s more, as a professional copywriter, Dr Clare Lynch understands time is money. That's why the most often used words in reviews of her courses are 'clear' and 'concise'. So every lecture is punchy, pacey and packed with easy-to-grasp advice. No fluff. No padding. No repetition.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE THIS INSTRUCTOR?
Dr Clare Lynch has a PhD in English literature from the University of Cambridge, where she also now teaches writing skills.
Clare is also an editor, proofreader and professional copywriter with 20+ years’ experience of helping big-name corporate clients get their messages across clearly, accurately, precisely and compellingly.
Clare is also a qualified and highly experienced corporate trainer and facilitator. So she’s been trained to communicate even the most complex, technical ideas in a way that’s memorable, entertaining and addictively engaging.
That's why, in October 2019, Udemy bestowed their Student Success award on Clare for her dedication to her Udemy students.
A WORD OF WARNING: WHAT THIS COURSE IS NOT
This course is not a superficial beginner’s guide to proofreading. It’s designed to give you the skills to proofread professionally.
Although the course covers some aspects of grammar, spelling and punctuation, it is not a comprehensive guide to the correct use of English.
To get the most out of this course, you should already have a strong grasp of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
If that sounds like you, enrol in Proofread Like a Pro today!