Project RISK Management: A Fun Project Management Course
What you'll learn
- Tool and Techniques to Maximize your Project's Success using Project Risk Management
- Qualitative Risk Analysis - or How to Build a Swimming Pool during a Canadian Winter
- Quantitative Risk Analysis - Simulations, Probability and other Math"y" stuff
- How to Use the PMBoK to understand the Risk Process
- Tips to Prepare for the PMP (Project Management Professional Certification) Exam
- How everyone in the United States "almost" got a free Taco Bell taco
- 5 Contact hours and PDU's
- Mastery level knowledge of Risk Management
- Basic understanding of Project Management as a field.
- Recommend taking Dash Academy's, "Project Management: EVERYTHING FOR EVERYONE"
- Anyone curious about how everyone in the United States almost got a free taco - get the answer here!
- Willingness to dig deeper into the area of Risk - beware, it's Risky Business
If you are involved in projects at any level, click-in and take this course! Why? Because there is NO RISK involved. We promise it will equip you with the knowledge, skills and language to communicate clearly with your project teams and key stakeholders, but, if you get into it and think, nah...not for me, we always offer a free money back guarantee! See, that is good RISK MANAGEMENT.
Here is what this Project Risk Management course is about:
First, you'll gain a clear picture of what Risk management is
Then, you will learn Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Management
For fun, you will dive deep into the tools, techniques, and activities of Risk Management
Next, learn how a Risk Management Plan is created, how risks are identified, rated, ranked and treated
As a bonus, you'll add to your repertoire of cool project stories and be able to dazzle your friends with stellar small-talk topics at your next dinner party.
Upon completion: you'll have a clear understanding of how Risk is presented in the PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge). Also, you can use the information to prepare for the PMP certification exam. Finally, you will earn 5 PDU's or professional development credit required to maintain your PMP status.
More importantly, you might have a good laugh or two, or at the very least, crack a smile. We are here to give you current and relevant information, AND have a good time doing it. In all seriousness, we aim to give you a 5 STAR experience and education.
Now, let's learn some project management,
Who this course is for:
- Project managers wanting to expand their knowledge of how to effectively manage project uncertainty
- People preparing for the PMP exam.
- PMP's who require Professional Development Units (PDU's)
- People who communicate with Risk Managers or Project Managers
- Anyone who is interested in the field of Risk and Project Management
- Anyone who works as a Project Manager or on a Project Team
- Anyone who has 5 hours of free time to kill
- Fan's of the movie "The Princess Bride"
Hi, I'm Dean,
I'm a Project Management Professional (PMP) and corporate trainer with years of experience and heaps of education.
As a Project Manager, I have managed multi-million dollar projects in the fields of construction, IT and automotive recycling. Before that, I went to school for a very long time.
First, I earned a diploma in Aeronautical Engineering Technology. (AET) from SAIT
Then I went to MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) and they gave me:
1) A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
2) A Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
3) A Master of Science in System Design and Management (Sloan School of Business at MIT)
Finally, I completed my coursework toward a PhD in Project Management from the University of Calgary, Canada (where I still live with my wife, Tamara, and our family).
Okay, so that's the boring stuff, what I also like to do is collect and tinker with vintage and unique vehicles--presently I am restoring 3 old Porsches and have just completed a '61 Vespa and a '61 T Bird. Recently, I took up tennis and golf (I guess that happens when you turn 50) and, when I can get away, you'll find me skiing in the Rocky Mountains or on a scuba diving vacation with my family.
To learn more, check out our website DashAcademy .ca, join our Dash Academy FB group or find me on LinkedIn.
Enough about me, now let's learn some Project Management.