Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Essentials
What you'll learn
- Understand the business case and benefits of project portfolio management
- Apply a range of project valuation and prioritization techniques
- Apply a sequencing logic in order to schedule projects within constraints
- Manage portfolio risks and benefits and understand how this differs from project risk and benefits management
- Apply portfolio data analytics and visualisation techniques
- Understand how Agile projects and project portfolio management can work together
- Understand the essentials of good portfolio governance
- Gain insight into the market for project portfolio management tools
- Students will need to have project management experience and understand the role it plays in delivering organisational strategy
- No other textbooks or material required
This Course equips you with the essential knowledge and practical tools that you need to succeed in the practice of Project Portfolio Management (PPM). When your Board or Executive Management Team need high quality project portfolio decision support analytics and data visualisations you will know how to respond.
Course materials were designed for and taught as a compulsory part of the Masters of Business in IT Management (MBITM) Program at the University of Technology, Sydney for over 10 years.
Undertaking this Course can save you many tens of thousands of dollars in consulting and tuition fees! In addition to nearly 5 hours of video lecture presentations it provides practical demonstrations of "how to do it" using portfolio analytics and visualisation tools which have been developed and proven in practice over many years. A significant amount of the course is dedicated to explaining how Agile delivery and project portfolio management can best work together.
The Course is highly practical. Students are provided with helpful and easy to use FREE templates and tools that they can take away and start using.
The Course is divided into 8 sections:
Welcome and Overview
Introduction to Project Portfolio Management
Frameworks, Models, Cycles and Standards (including the Global Management Standards and Scaled Agile Frameworks)
Portfolio Intelligence: Data Analytics and Visualisation
Commercial Portfolio Management Products
Project Portfolio Management Toolkits, and
An educational game to practice and hone project portfolio mangement skills.
You should take this course if you:
Sponsor, manage or participate in organisational change programs and projects
Manage or perform a PMO function
Are an Executive or Manager at an organisation that undertakes a lot of projects
Want to improve your career opportunities in project management.
Who this course is for:
- People who sponsor, manage or participate in organisational change programs and projects
- Portfolio Directors, Portfolio Analysts and PMO Managers
- Executives in project intensive industries
- Managers aspiring to Executive level
Bryan Fenech is a lecturer and Board member for the UTS Masters of Business in IT Management (MBITM) program. He has over 20 years experience working in project delivery and business change programs and is the Founder and Director of PPM Intelligence which aims to support and improve the practice of project portfolio management by providing knowledge resources and facilitating creative interactions between practitioners. He is a member of the Leadership for Innovation in the Digital Age (LIDA) research group, the Organisation of the Future (OOTF) research group and the Project Portfolio Management Special Interest Group (PPMSIG).
Specialties: Organisational design for the knowledge economy and establishing and managing complex business transformation programs, including project portfolio management (PPM) implementations and improvement and PMO setup and refresh.
View Bryan's profile at LinkedIn - http://au.linkedin.com/pub/bryan-fenech/2/23a/730/