Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Essentials and Advanced
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 34 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the business drivers for PPM as a consequence of increasing project based activity in response to increasing competition and innovation
- Apply a range of project valuation and prioritization techniques
- Define and apply a sequencing logic in order to schedule projects within constraints
- Apply techniques for managing the risks and benefits of portfolios of in-flight business initiatives
- Understand the essentials of good portfolio governance
- Gain insight into the market for PPM tools
- Access to a range of practical tools for immediate use
- Students will need to have a good understanding of project management and the role it plays in delivering strategy
- No other textbooks or material required
When your Executives need high quality project portfolio decision support analytics and data visualisations how will you respond?
Whether you work in a PMO or manage a project portfolio this course equips you with the essential knowledge and practical tools that you need to succeed in the practice of Project Portfolio Management (PPM). The course materials were designed for taught as part of the syllabus of the Masters of Business in IT Management (MBITM) Program at the University of Technology, Sydney.
This course can save you many tens of thousands of dollars in consulting and tuition fees! In addition to video lecture presentations it provides practical demonstrations of "how to do it" using analytical and visualisation tools, models and templates which have been developed and proven in practice over many years.
Practical: Students will be provided with helpful and easy to use FREE templates and tools that they can take away with them and start using immediately.
The course is self-paced but should take about 10 hours to complete. It consists of 7 sections:
- Introduction: PPM - What and Why?
- Portfolio Selection
- Portfolio Monitoring and Controlling
- Portfolio Governance
- Commercial Portfolio Management Products
- Advanced Portfolio Management Concepts
- PPM Educational Game.
You should take this course if you:
- Sponsor, manage or participate in projects
- Manage or perform a PMO function
- Are an Executive or Manager at an organisation that undertakes a lot of projects
- Want to improve your career opportunities in project management.
In today's global knowledge economy businesses need to differentiate themselves by constantly investing in and developing new and innovative products and services. It is more critical than ever that business and IT leaders collaborate to optimize the value of their organisation's human resources, digital and other assets by making prudent project investment decisions. PPM is the set of management disciplines through which this alignment is achieved.
- People who sponsor, manage or participate in projects and business change programs
- Portfolio Directors, Portfolio Analysts and PMO Managers
- Executives and managers aspiring to Executive level in project intensive industries