- 1 hour on-demand video
- 7 downloadable resources
- 1 Practice Test
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understanding how to use basic tools when starting a project
- Will have prepared startup pack of tools and tricks for successfully starting a new project
- Practice proven templates which can be reused multiple times
- Create a project charter
- Create comprehensive project management plan
- Create reporting document
- Create a business case
- Willingness to learn and to self improve
- Can-do attitude to finish the course
- Basic knowledge of project management principles
- Patience and concentration to answer all questions in final assessment
- Any words or table/number processor to complete exercises (e.g. Excel, Word, Pages, Numbers...)
- For best results, perform the same steps as in the exercises
Learn how to successfully start a project with the useful and easy to use tools, that could also help you to manage and lead your projects to success.
In this course, you will be given a guidelines and easy to follow practical workout for creating a project charter, project management plan, reporting and business case. You will also receive a templates that you can use, adjust and apply. These are essential tools of a starter pack and you should have them at hand when you are starting a new project.
This training is suitable for both project management practitioners and beginners who want to have a useful starter pack with tools for commencing a new project. We'll illustrate you our approach of creating a most commonly used tools that could help in successfully managing project. These tools could be applied for any project of any size in any industry.
What you will learn?
First we will show you how to create one project charter. Then we will go through one comprehensive project management plan which includes: Schedule plan, Communication sheet, Risk register, Budgeting sheet and Change management process. Then, we will show you how you can easily report status of your project and give you the guidelines for creating a good and readable business case. Finally, we will give you a chance to prove your knowledge and test what you have learned in a final assessment.
Why you should take this course?
This course is designed for the people who are practitioners and project managers on projects, or beginners willing to gain new skills and have starter kit for any project. In this course we will show you from the first hand experience how you can create most commonly used tools when commencing a project.
Who are the instructors of this course?
Two Agile experts with:
- a proven real-life software industry experience,
- certifications in PMP, PMI-ACP and CSM,
- knowledge in system modeling and working tools and
- willingness to share the experience and knowledge.
In this course we will not burden you with a lot of theory, but we will concentrate on what is needed and could be applied in practice.
- Project management practitioners
- Beginners in project management
- Candidates who are preparing for the PMP, PMI-ACP certifications
- Project Coordinators
- Project Expeditors
- Business Analysts
- Any team member who is involved in reporting, time tracking and etc.
Project charter is one of the first and most important document that project manager should master. Once approved by the project sponsor, it will give the project manager the authority on project and trace basic guidelines how to manage project and what to deliver.
Please find attached here the Project Charter template that we used in our exercise.