Project Management Success: Learn by Managing 5 Projects
What you'll learn
- Develop a project plan that covers project definition, scope, schedule, resources, risk, quality and budget
- Use project management tools and techniques to deliver and manage successful projects that satisfy stakeholders needs and expectations
- Implement risk management techniques and mitigation strategies
- Analyze project information and reports to monitor and control a project in a stochastic environment and run it to successful completion
- Consider different alternatives for implementing a project including the trade-offs between time, cost and quality while considering different consequences
- SandboxModel is proud to be a Global Chartered Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
- The practical part is performed with the PTB project management simulator. The simulation takes place 100% online. An email will be sent after purchase with the access details. The access will expire after 60 days.
- To use the PTB a Windows XP or later Microsoft updated operating system is required.
This practical course will improve your project management skills. You'll learn how the "hands on" approach can make you a better project manager. Learning by doing improves the learning process. It's also more engaging and fun.
Learn and practice the most important project management skills in this comprehensive experiential course.
Project Management Overview
Scheduling and Time Management
Budgeting and Cost Management
Project Monitor and Control
Lean Project Management and Lean Enablers
Content and Overview
Ever wonder how successful project managers constantly achieve great results?
They are experienced in the tools and techniques of project management.
Einstein said that “the only source of knowledge is experience."
The course includes ten units. Each unit covers a different project management area of knowledge and includes three parts: theory, walkthrough and a quiz/exercise. The exercises are done with the award winning PTB simulator, developed at the Technion Institute of Technology. In this part you will simulate managing a project in the simulator while applying the theory.
You will gain practical experience and learn how to complete successful projects. At the end of the course you will be able to use project management tools and techniques to deliver and manage projects that accomplish the goals and satisfy stakeholders.
*The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Who this course is for:
- This course benefits anyone who wants to learn how to manage resources, cost, time scope and reduce risks in any project.
- Professionals aiming to get CAPM, PMP or other PMI certification.
- The course level is intermediate to advanced.
- It is designed for those wishing to further develop their project management capabilities and knowledge.
Our goal is to create a world where projects have a high success rate. We do this by providing advanced project management tools and training.
Simulation allows students to learn project management by actually doing rather than by just listening. Making good decisions requires experience. By practicing in a safe, controlled environment, students and trainees gain hands-on project management experience.
The PTB™ simulator allows for managing real world case studies. Users make decisions and see how they affect project outcome by advancing the simulation time.
Integrating theory with an interactive, practical, game-like computer simulation leads to lasting benefits. It's a fun, engaging and energetic way to improve learning.