Project Management Made Simple
What you'll learn
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a good project manager
- Understand how to use all the tools needed to become a successful project manager
- Identify and solve all risks associated with your projects
- Understand how to manage a project from conception to completion
- Learn how to put together a complete project budget
- Improve time management skills
- Learn how to best monitor and evaluate your project
- Understand the purpose of and how to run the different type of meetings associated with project management
- Learn how to write an effective grant application and project initiation document
- Estimate project timelines and budgets effectively
- No previous experience necessary. You will learn everything you need to know.
Project Management is a skill that many take for granted and is often underrated in its importance, but it affects every aspect of our work. The purpose of this intensive online training course, therefore, is to show the pathway for running a successful project from inception, through the planning and implementation phases to closure. Students will learn through a series of videos introducing specific points, accompanied by detailed PowerPoints, and real-life case studies to ensure a full understanding of each topic. By the end of the course, students will have a full understanding of the pathway to running a successful project from inception, through the planning and implementation phases to closure. They will be able to create a work breakdown structure, a critical path diagram and a Gantt chart, and will understand different ways in which they can improve personal time management skills. Most importantly they will learn to be able to think critically like project managers, identify, rank, and solve potential risks to their projects by creating realistic solutions. In addition, all students will learn the importance of , and how to run the different types of meetings a project manager will need to chair; how to put together a realistic budget for their project, and how to write a clear and positive grant application, project initiation document and project closure report.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who needs to run a project or an aspect of a project. This training has been developed for those working in the NGO and local government world internationally, but is relevant to anyone working on any project as it gives them a complete understanding of all the skills needed to complete a project from conception to completeion.
Tim Healing has over thirty years’ experience working as a project manager and has a professional background in project management, community and NGO development. He specializes in the coordination and support of cultural heritage and community based social action projects in the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asian regions. He has particular experience working with local communities, national and regional museums, heritage institutions, government and non-governmental organizations. In 2018, he left The Metropolitan Museum of Art to create, Tim Healing Project Management LLC as an independent project consultant, supporting a number of international institutions and organizations plan and run their cultural heritage preservation projects. To this end, he continues to work on a number of different international projects with individual and institutions around the world, including in the United States, Iraq, Greece, Jordan, Syria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Libya, Yemen and most recently Ukraine.