Project Management: The Closing Phase
- My previous courses covering the planning and the execution phases of a project
- Previous experience working in a project environment would be advantageous, but not necessary as I will take you through all the processes used during the closing phase of a project
How to Become a Successful and Practical Project Manager Part 3 the Closing Phase is designed for aspiring project managers, project team members and technical team members wanting to get more involved in managing the closing phase of a project.
This project management training course is a follow-on course from How to Become a Successful and Practical Project Manager: Part 1 and Part 2 and is structured around the premise that:
- All projects have a beginning, a middle and an end, and
- That all successful projects follow a standardised project management methodology.
Enhance your career prospects, build on your project management skills and prove that you can deliver the product of your project on time and in budget by completing the closing activities completely, comprehensively and to the total satisfaction of your Sponsor
Become a successful and practical project manager by introducing my Practical Project Management Methodology today so that you can plan, implement and bring all your projects to a successful conclusion
In this project management training course you will learn:
- My Practical Project Management Methodology
- Contract administration
- Contract closing
- Administrative closure of a project
- Lessons Learned
- Final Report
The course consists of:
- Video presentations
- Downloadable document templates and checklists
- Me - students can ask and comment on questions in the discussion area and I will be available to advise on any aspects of the execution phase of a project
See you on the inside…
Jeb Riordan, PMP
Who this course is for:
- This training program will be beneficial to all project team members, project sponsors and stakeholders. Giving them a thorough understanding of the fundamental methods and processes that all projects need
- Project team members wanting to get more more involved in the management of their projects and wanting to know how best to support their project manager
- Aspiring project managers wanting to enhance their career prospects by practicing solid repeatable project management processes
My name is Jeb Riordan and I've been a project manager for, well, too long.
Primarily in the telecommunications sector I have managed multi-million dollar projects in more than ten different countries, including, the UK, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Pakistan, Cambodia and the Caribbean.
I am a past member of the UK based Association for Project Management (APM) and the USA based Project Management Institute (PMI).
Although no longer a member of any professional institution I have maintained my PMI Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) status because it includes an element of continuing professional development (and it looks good on my resume!)
Oh, I also gained the Advanced Project Management Certificate from the International Institute for Learning. That was a long haul; simulating the NASA moon landing project.
Over the years, I have observed many projects failing because the project manager is overwhelmed with the need to adopt the latest fad in managing projects and managing people; losing sight of the real project objectives - On time, below budget and delighted stakeholders.
My mission is to simplify the complexity of modern project management by encouraging project managers, team members and stakeholders to focus on well proven, repeatable, solid practical project management processes making even the most complex of projects easy to monitor, control and complete successfully.