Crash Course: Project Management Fundamentals [Earn 6 PDUs]
What you'll learn
- A complete and detailed overview of project management.
- Background information on the development of project management as a field of expertise.
- Sound fundamental project management knowledge.
- What the 5 project stages are and how to implement them on your project.
- A wealth of practical advice on effectively implementing project management processes.
- Key definitions in project management.
- What distinguishes the best project managers from the rest.
- Core project manager skills and competencies.
- How and why planning projects in phases is so important and how it can help you improve your ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Be able to define project management processes and know where they fit into the grand scheme of things.
- Know how an organization's corporate structure influences a project and the project management approach.
- Lead and manage a project and the project team.
- Apply best practices in your personal project management methodology.
- Much more!
- Internet access and a phone, tablet or PC
- Eagerness to learn
- Determination to work through the entire course
Looking to get into one of the fastest growing professions in the modern world or just to brush up on your fundamental knowledge? Either way, this course is for you.
Project management is growing at an immense rate, that despite the job market uncertainties brought about by the 4th industrial revolution. The Project Management Institute (PMI), probably the most recognized authority on project management worldwide, estimates that job growth in the project management industry will be a staggering 33% or 22 million jobs by 2027. If you are still researching your future career path, stop here, project management education is certain to secure you with a good future career packed with growth opportunities and top it all off it is one of the highest earning jobs out there.
In addition to the above, project management is also one of the very few career paths that does not require you to have expensive tertiary education as a ticket to entry. In our opinion this is probably one of the most attractive aspects of a project management career. Armed with an unwavering desire to learn, the knowledge provided in this course, and the belief that you can learn about this remarkable industry through several online mediums (including our other course offerings) at a much lower price than a degree you can work your way into an extremely fulfilling career. You can even obtain Project Management Certification without having to first study towards a formal degree.
The course is an excellent and thorough introduction to project management. It also caters for seasoned project managers looking to brush up on the basics, and in the process earn some PDU’s towards their PMP renewal.
This course will cover essential definitions and concepts that will help improve your personal project management methodology, and it will brush you up on project management lingo. We will also be looking at the importance of a phased approach towards project planning. The course provides some insight into the various common organizational structures and how these structures influence your role and authority as a project manager in an organization. The final sections of the course provides a thorough process overview of the five project management process groups as set out in the Project Management Body of Knowledge. In these final lectures we also look at some practical advice for improving effective execution of these processes and your efficiency as a project manager.
The course design caters mainly for those who wish to lay the foundations for a career in project management and it will be instrumental to their personal and professional growth. However, the course is structured to add value even to seasoned project managers.
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring project managers looking to kick start their career in one of the fastest growing professions in the world.
- Beginner project managers looking for a comprehensive overview of project management.
- Intermediary project managers looking to build up toward the required 35 PDU's for PMP registration
- Any PMI certified Project Management Professional who wants to earn PDU's towards registration renewal
- Anyone who wants to improve on their project management efficiency.
- Project managers looking to further develop their skills.
- Project administrators, clerks and expeditors looking to take the next step and transition into project management.
EduGantt is a collective effort from two Udemy Instructors with the aim of providing meaningful, accessible, affordable and worthwhile Project Management Education that delivers a solid technical foundation supported by a practical and hands on delivery. Not onoy will you learn what project management is about, but also how to effectively implement PM best practices.
There is a global trend of an increasing talent gap between employers' need for skilled project managers and the availability of professionals to fill the required roles. Moreover the exorbitant time and monetary cost of tertiary education makes it impossible to fill the gap.
Our mission is to aid in closing this gap by providing affordable education and credential maintenance options to our students thus enabling them to take full advantage of future project management opportunities.
Our vision is to establish EduGantt as a household name in the project management E-learning environment by providing engaging, worthwhile and top quality courses.
Our aim is to become the "go to guys" for all project management education needs whether for those aspiring to get a foothold in a new industry or those who wish to maintain their valuable credentials.
Gerrit Fourie is a Professionally certified structural and project engineer (Pr.Eng) with the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) and a Project Management Institute (PMI) certified Project Management Professional (PMP). He holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering as well as a Bachelor of Engineering Honours specializing in Structural Engineering. He has a wealth of experience as a general manager, project manager, structural & civil engineer and mentor.
Gerrit is currently a co-owner and director of a civil engineering and project management consulting firm with more than 40 years industry exposure. He was previously employed with a consultancy focused mainly on the design and project management of bridge and port infrastructure. His first employment opportunity was as a graduate civil engineer and project manager with an engineering firm specializing in pavement engineering and project management, where he mostly worked on airport upgrade projects.
During his career as an engineer and project manager he has been involved in the successful completion of more than 30 projects ranging from R1.5mil to R450mil (AUD 150K to AUD 45mil) in value.
Gerrit is very passionate about the fields of engineering and project management and his main area of expertise is in construction project management. Although he is mostly involved in the management of construction projects, he has a solid foundation in project management fundamentals. That combined with his general management experience and involvement in other organizational level projects has enabled him to formulate a very effective project management methodology and also master the soft skills required for management. He also has a passion for teaching others and sharing the knowledge he has accumulated
Gerhard has an extensive background in business start-ups and leadership, which he obtained as the Relationship Manager at an Entrepreneurial Mentorship and Business Incubation Consultancy firm. He also gained valuable experience and insight in marketing while working as an account manager at an Education Management firm.
He brings an unquenchable energy to all his endeavors and he has a passion for helping and understanding people.
More than anything else, Gerhard fosters a burning desire to make a measurable difference in the lives of those around him and one of the ways in which he does this is by means of mentoring and teaching others with the main focus on empowering his students with the knowledge to better themselves.