Project Management for Small and Medium Businesses
What you'll learn
- Manage projects successfully
- Understand project estimation and planning
- Master the soft skills essential for successful project managers
- You'll need basic PC skills in office products
- A willingness to learn
- A desire and motivation to manage projects
If you're managing projects in a small or medium business, then this course is for you. You might be a one person business who has outsourced an important piece of work to a contractor and wants to make sure that it's managed well or in a company with multi-million dollars of revenue and lots of projects going on.
We're not going to swamp you with endless drivel and esoteric project management concepts. This course is designed to be succinct and to the point and provides tons of support material - 65 items - to provide you with the means to start managing projects now, rather than trying to remember what was said in lecture 20 of a 14 hour course.
So why do you need this course? For a large organisation a project disaster is unlikely to have a significant impact on their bottom line. For smaller companies however a project that costs significantly more than budgeted or takes much longer to deliver can result in a crisis.
Smaller companies don't need the huge overheads and mountains of paperwork implied big company methods like PMP and Prince 2 to run successful projects, but they do need sufficient rigour and process to assure on time and budget delivery. This course delivers an out of the box, practical, tried and trusted method for project delivery integrated with project templates together with heaps of tips that will allow project managers in smaller enterprises to hit the ground running from day 1.
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at managers running projects in smaller enterprises
- You might be a one person business who has outsourced a piece of work to a contractor and wants to manage that well
- Or in a company with multi-million dollars of revenue and lots of projects going on
- Or you might be an 'accidental project manager' i.e. someone whose job title isn't project manager but who is involved in project management work
- It is not aimed at project managers in companies with multi-billion dollar turnover with huge teams of project managers and support staff
An acknowledged expert in project management for small and medium businesses, Gren Gale has dedicated his working life to managing projects of all sizes effectively and efficiently.
Before establishing his own company in the UK, he led numerous teams in small organisations and blue chips alike, coordinating and running local, national and international programmes and change departments.
He is the author of two books on project management for small and medium businesses.
Founder and CEO of PM Results, a company set up to implement world class project management practices, he is a Prince 2 practitioner and Professional Scrum Master.