Learn more about Project Management – Using GPMM (2/4)
What you'll learn
- Understand why and how projects are started up, based on the underlying business considerations.
- Learned the Tollgate decision model and how it helps maintain the business focus throughout a project.
- Got knowledge about Milestones and how they interact with the Tollgate model.
- Learn how to effectively identify, analyze and involve Stakeholders.
- Formulate project goals, based on strategy, business case and requirements.
- Learn how to effectively perform Requirement and Scope Management
- Having participated on Course 1 - Learn more about Project Management
This is course (2 of 4) in the GPMM 3.0 Course Suite, covering how to manage projects in general, but also with the additional value of using the world-leading model: GPMM – the Greenlight Project Management Model.
The GPMM model is an Agile Project Management model, thus describing how to manage plan driven (traditional), value driven (Agile) and Hybrid projects.
GPMM is a practical model aligned with the PMI standards, SAFe, Agile Manifesto, BABOK and Prince 2.
This second course focuses on all aspects surrounding the initiation of projects, including:
- the relationship to portfolio management
- the business considerations
- decision-making (go / no go decisions), between project phases
- stakeholder management / engagement
- scope Management in relation to strategy and goal-setting.
A practical Case Study example is used to bring home the main elements and the practical side in these areas. We use a customer IT / automation project as the example.
Understand why and how projects are started up, based on the underlying business considerations.
Be familiar with the Tollgate model and how it helps maintain the business focus throughout a project.
Be familiar with Milestones and how they interact with the Tollgate model.
Be able to effectively identify, analyze and involve Stakeholders.
Be able to formulate project goals, based on strategy, business case and requirements.
Understand the importance of Requirement and Scope Management and how to do it effectively.
The course is subtitled in Spanish. El curso esta subtitulado en español.
Earn 3 PDUs by completing this course
Who this course is for:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers / Directors
- Project Sponsors - Business Owners
- Team Leaders, Project Members, Scrum Masters and RTEs (Release Train Engineers)
- Project Office (PMO) Managers and staff
- Functional Managers - Line Managers
- Anyone that wants to learn more about project management
- Project Management Students
- Product Owners and Product Managers
Greenlight Project Management was established in 2003, at the initiative of its founder and CEO, Rickard Romander. Originally from Sweden, Romander formerly held a Madrid-based managerial position with the Ericsson group. Therefore, GreenlightPM was founded and is headquartered in Madrid, Spain. Over the years, the company has grown into a truly international company with experience from more than 80 countries. Nowadays especially thanks to out possibility to deliver remotely making use of the latest technologies.