Project Finance Overview - from Inception to Financial Close
- Basic understanding of finance
Infrastructure Finance is not just another form of investment banking. It finances our roads and our bridges, our hospitals and our power stations. It breathes life into our economy. In this course, you will learn how infrastructure deals are financed, and what makes them so complicated. The course covers project finance structures, risk mitigation and insight from subject matter experts. The course only covers a high-level overview of project finance modelling and does not contain any project finance modelling exercises.
- Infrastructure financiers
- Project sponsors
- Infrastructure developers
- Project financiers
- Project finance bankers
- Infrastructure finance bankers
- EPC companies
- O&M companies
- Entrepeneurs interested in infrastructure
- Development finance institutions
- Introduction to the course
- Who am I and who are you?
- What is Project Finance?
- What is Project and Infrastructure Finance?
- Evolution of a Project Finance Deal
- Components of a Project Finance Deal
- A Typical Project Structure
- Interview with a construction (front-end) and Infrastructure lawyer on contracts
- The Nature of the Asset
- Interview with an Infrastructure Technical Advisor
- The Cash Flow Waterfall Part 1
- Cash Flow Waterfall vs. Cash Flow Statement
- Complexities of the DSRA
- Overview of A Project Finance Model - Part 1
- Overview of A Project Finance Model - Part 2
- Project Finance - Finance Quiz
- Overview of Project Finance Risks
- Risks - Key Terminology
- Interview with a construction (front-end) and Infrastructure lawyer
- Interview- Derisking a Project with a Techincal Advisor
- Project Finance Risk Quiz
- Financial Close
- Project Finance - Financial Quiz
Matthew is an entrepreneur, engineer, CFA® charterholder, trainer and Excel addict with a love for finance, data science, process optimisation, data visualisation and building businesses.
As a qualified engineer, Matthew has consulted to five of the largest South African banks and numerous corporates and parastatals on a number of technology, dashboard, strategy, risk, training, financial modelling and process re-engineering engagements. He has provided Excel and Financial Modelling training to four of the largest banks in South Africa, and runs regular, highly rated in-house and public Excel, VBA, Financial Modelling and Dashboards training courses. With practical insight and a broad client base, Matthew has never been rated less than 5 out of 5 for subject matter expertise.