Project Changes and Closing (PMI - PMP)
What you'll learn
- Describe key principles of how to control change during a project
- Distinguish between configuration management activities
- Identify inputs to the Perform Integrated Change Control process
- Determine the outcome of a change control process, given an example
- Identify the inputs to the Close Project or Phase process
- Recognize how tools and techniques are used to close a project or project phase
- Recognize examples of the outputs of the Close Project or Phase process
- Demonstrate your understanding of the Perform Integrated Change Control and Close Project or Phase processes
- No special requirements or prerequisites are needed to take this course, but some extra reading about projects, project management, project life cycle, organizational project management, project scope, project schedule, project costs, project quality, project human resources and project communications will help.
- Part of the Project Management Professional Certification Course (PMI-PMP)
The Project Changes and Closing (PMI - PMP) is course 3 of 28 of the Project Management Professional Certification Program (PMI-PMP). The course is aligned with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK6) developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
It happens every time. Your customer or team members come up with great ideas during a project of how the product could be so much better if. But that can be a sure recipe for disaster. This course teaches you how to apply the perform integrated change control process. It also explains the closed project or phase process. Guiding you how to ensure product acceptance, tie up loose ends, and assess the project's success.
1. Integrated Change Control
2. Configuration Management
3. Inputs to Perform Integrated Change Control
4. The Change Control Process
5. Outputs of Perform Integrated Change Control
6. Inputs to Close Project or Phase
7. Close Project or Phase Tools and Techniques
8. Outputs of the Close Project or Phase Process
9. Exercise: Managing Change and Closing the Project
That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button, and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Leaders, managers, entrepreneurs, professionals and project workers with or without formal project management training will improve project management skills and knowledge and will be ready to stand for formal certification.
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.