Project Based Python Programming For Kids & Beginners
What you'll learn
- Build simple Python based games using programming loops and functions
- Draw graphics using the Python module Turtle
- Build Python Graphical User Interfaces(GUI) with Tkinter
- Get a handle on working with Python 2 and 3
- Be able to use the in-built Python modules for their own projects
- Beginners and children will be able to create their own projects and advance to more complicated concepts
- Use Microsoft Visual Studio Code-a powerful IDLE for practical programming and development in Python and other languages
- Should have an interest in programming
- Interest in learning Python programming
- Install Python 3.6 on your computer (the code will work on Windows, Mac, Linux and even Raspberry Pis)
- The course is especially suitable for beginners and/or children looking to get started with Python programming
- Just come along and dive in!!
- Children will benefit from adult guidance
Beginners and Kids Can Now Learn Python the Fun and Easy Way
Teach yourself (and your kids) to code fun games, graphics and GUI in Python, the powerful programming language used at tech companies and in academia.
Unlike the other courses and books out there, this course provides a rare opportunity to learn the graphics and UX (User Experience) sides of Python – even as a beginner! Unlike the many other Python courses on Udemy, this course introduces you to this computer language by drawing shapes, coding a simple game, and designing GUIs (Graphic User Interfaces), including a functional GUI for a temperature converter app.
Gain a Firm Foundation in Python GUI Programming
- Learn the basics of Python game programming
- Craft elegant and useful Python GUIs
- Create simple and practical applications in Python
- Explore the world of Python graphic design
If you want to learn to code, Python GUIs are the best way to start!
I designed this programming course to be easily understood by absolute beginners and young people. We start with basic Python programming concepts. Reinforce the same by developing games, graphics and GUIs. And finally we will develop a practical temperature converter app using Python.
The Python coding language integrates well with other platforms – and runs on virtually all modern devices. If you’re new to coding, you can easily learn the basics in this fast and powerful coding environment. If you have experience with other computer languages, you’ll find Python simple and straightforward. This OSI-approved open-source language allows free use and distribution – even commercial distribution.
Can You Build a Career with Python?
Absolutely! On average, U.S. Python developers earn $109,000 per year. This powerful and widely-used language could be your or your child's ticket to a better life. With the rigorous grounding you get from this course, you’ll have the knowledge and confidence to step into higher-level Python courses.
How Can You Use Python?
Once you gain a basic knowledge of Python through this course, you can explore a diverse range of programming specialties:
- Build Desktop/Laptop GUIs
- Design Exciting and Immersive Games
- Develop Websites and Apps
- Analyze Scientific and Statistical Data
- Create Educational Software
- Access and Organize Databases
- Manage Networks
Who Uses Python?
This course gives you a solid set of skills in one of today’s top programming languages. Today’s biggest companies (and smartest startups) use Python, including Google, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, IBM, and NASA. Python is increasingly being used for scientific computations and data analysis.
You Can Start Right Away, Without Prior Programming Experience
Detailed instructions have been provided with regards to Python installation and getting started with Microsoft Visual Code, a powerful programming IDLE that will be a valuable tool for your programming journey. Hands-on coding instructions have been provided in the lecture videos to enable you to follow along. Additionally, working code examples have been provided for you to try and modify. Each video will teach you a new practical programming concept that you can apply in real time and quizzes will reinforce your learning.
The instructor is an Oxbridge trained researcher and always available to troubleshoot. You'll also receive an industry recognized Certificate of Completion upon finishing the course.
No Risk: Preview videos from the different sections for FREE, and enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee when you enroll - zero risk, unlimited payoff!
Sign up for this course today and learn the skills you need to rub shoulders with today’s tech industry giants. Have fun, create and control intriguing and interactive Python GUIs, and enjoy a bright future!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to code
- People wanting to program in Python
- People interested in gaining hands-on Python skills and actually wanting to work through real life programming projects
- People interested in building games and GUIs
- Anyone looking to start with Python GUI development
- Programming beginners and children who want to create practical applications
I completed a PhD (University of Cambridge, UK) in 2017 where I focussed on implementing data science techniques for quantifying the impact of forest loss on tropical ecosystems. I hold an MPhil (School of Geography and Environment) and an MSc (Department of Engineering) from Oxford University. I have more than 10 year's experience in conducting academic research (published in high level peer-reviewed international scientific journals such as PLOS One) and advising both non-governmental and industry stakeholders in data science, deep learning and earth observation (EO) related topics.
I have a strong track record in implementing machine learning, data visualization, spatial data analysis, deep learning and natural language processing tasks using both R and Python. In addition to being educated at the best universities in the world, I have honed my statistical and data analysis skills through many MOOCs, including The Analytics Edge (R based statistics and machine learning course offered by EdX), Statistical Learning (R-based Machine Learning course offered by Stanford online) and the IBM Data Science Professional certificate Track. I specialise in a variety of topics ranging from deep learning (Tensorflow, Keras) to machine learning to spatial data analysis (including EO data processing), data visualizations, natural language processing, financial analysis among others. I have acted as a peer reviewer on highly regarded academic journals such as Remote Sensing and given guest lectures on prestigious forums such as Open Data Science Conference (ODSC).