Programming with Python
What you'll learn
- Install Python and master the command line tools
- Learn how to use Terminal
- Understand programming concepts applicable to any programming language
- Learning data types, variables, comparison
- Working with lists, dictionaries, tuples, sets, strings, numbers
- Using loops, conditionals, functions, lambdas
- Debugging your code
- Learn how to solve real world challenges with more than 120 exercises with tests
- No previous experience is needed, the curriculum is designed for the beginners. With more than 6 hours of unique video lessons and 120+ exercises with tests you will me on the right track to learn from zero.
Learn Python from scratch and practice with more than 100 exercises to understand how to actually write code and solve real world challenges.
The curriculum is divided into sections with each section focusing on a specific concept -- like variables, data types, strings, lists, dictionaries, loops, conditionals, functions, etc.. Every section has a video lesson, text materials and exercises to practice the concept. The exercises are starting from very basics ones with increasing difficulty and each one has a test so you will see immediately if your code works.
We will guide you through the whole process of learning from the very basics to more advanced level and by the end you will be confident with all the core programming concepts which do exist across all the languages, Python syntax, methods and tools and will be able to solve real life coding challenges in Python so that you could continue your learning journey and move into any direction -- would it be web development, back-end, AI, machine learning, data analysis or anything else.
What you are going to learn:
Working in the terminal
Testing Python code
Conditionals, logical operators
Lists, list methods and comprehensions
Strings, string methods and comprehensions
Dictionaries, tuples, sets, their methods and comprehensions
Functions and functional programming
Debugging, try and catch
And more than 100 exercises to complete and solidify the knowledge! Each exercise comes with a test so you would know immediately if you code works or not!
Who this course is for:
- This is a great course to start learning programming from scratch. Not only it will help you to become a proficient Python programmer but also will make it easier to learn any other programming language thanks to a solid understanding of the core programming concepts shared by virtually any language.
I am a web/mobile developer, instructor and curriculum designer at Barcelona Code School. We helped hundreds of students to learn web and mobile development and enter the exciting and rewarding world of coding. What I do best is guiding students step by step along this challenging path and make sure that all the topics are delivered in approachable manner with enough exercises and projects to learn how to apply this knew knowledge in real life.