Programming for Entrepreneurs - HTML & CSS
- No prior knowledge is required.
- You'll need a computer, a web browser and a code editor. We'll be using only free tools: Google Chrome and Adobe Brackets
As an entrepreneur have you experienced any of the following symptoms?
- Spending too much money in development and you don't even understand what the developer is talking about.
- Every time you need something fixed in your website (like adding a new link or changing an image) you need to wait weeks and spend a lot of money to get it done.
- You can't move forward with your business idea because you don't have a technical co-founder and you don't know how to code.
If the answer is yes let me say that you are not alone. I work with many entrepreneurs and I hear these complaints every single week. The causes of this problem as:
- All companies, no matter their size and industry, need development. From a simple website that shows who they are and what they do, to more complex solutions such as mobile apps and information systems.
- Developer as expensive and scarce. But you probably know this already :)
- They say Programming is the new Math as it is an essential skill to get around nowadays and in the works that's taking shape, but you weren't taught how to program at school.
At ZENVA, we've decided to tackle this problem and bring you a solution by creating our Programming for Entrepreneurs course series, aimed to give entrepreneurs the basic programming skills and knowledge so that they have higher chances of success with their business ideas.
In Programming for Entrepreneurs / HTML & CSS you'll learn basic web development concepts and skills that will allow you to build simple websites, modify existing websites and create interactive prototypes of your business idea so that you can use it as a communication tool with your developer, customers and investors.
In this course, just like in all courses by ZENVA, we'll follow a project-based approach. Through out the course you'll be building a "Metro style" homepage that looks great in a desktop computer and in a mobile phone.
What we cover in this course:
- Benefits of learning the basics of web development for an entrepreneur.
- Basic web development concepts you need to know.
- HTML from the very beginning. We'll go through the most important tags.
- Creating titles, paragraphs, containers, lists.
- Adding links and images.
- Forms in HTML, including HTML5 semantic input fields
- Structure of a HTML document.
- CSS - What is it and how to include it in your website?
- Selecting elements with CSS.
- The Box Model.
- Creating a tile-based Metro style page.
- Using floating elements to create responsive pages.
- Styling of lists, fonts, tables.
Don't forget to checkout the other courses made by ZENVA:
- iOS and Android HTML5 Apps for Beginners
- Mobile HTML5 Game Development for Beginners
- Create a HTML5 Game from Scratch
- Wordpress Plugin Development for Beginners
- BlackBerry 10 Apps with HTML5
- Android App Development by Example
- Introduction to Web Application Development with Symfony
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs and doers. We are looking for people who have world-changing ideas and have the motivation and patience to do what it takes.
Trusted by over 1 million learners and developers, Zenva provides world-class training on in-demand programming skills covering game development, machine learning, virtual reality and full-stack web development.
Our e-learning platform Zenva Academy is the leading place to upskill, learn and gain key tech skills for the innovation economy. Our curriculum is organized about Mini-Degrees™ which cover a wide range of technical subjects and include video, project files and mentor support.
Certified game developer and Founder of ZENVA - the world's leading platform to learn game making, VR, machine learning and full-stack programming. Since 2012, Pablo has been developing professional-grade courses that have helped over 1 million people gain valuable skills.
Pablo is a member of the Intel Innovator Program in the Asia Pacific Region, and has run live programming workshops in San Francisco, Brisbane and Bangalore.
Pablo holds a Master in Information Technology (Management) degree from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a Master of Science in Engineering degree from the Catholic University of Chile.