Welcome to Programming for Beginners course. This is a course that is designed to teach the basics of computer programming, offering a solid foundation that can be used to learn almost any programming language. If you're brand new to computer programming and/or you are lost in countless books and tutorials, then you had come to the right place. This course is best suited for you!
If you know the basics and you want to consolidate them and/or just to have easy access to them, for whatever reason, I suggest to enroll as well. A good knowledge of the foundations can easily correct many problems that may occur in your computer programs, so a little rehearsal does not hurt.
This course is valuable not only because it teaches you the basics of two programming languages but, more importantly, because it teaches you how to think correctly about the way you will write a program, way called algorithm. The actual programming is only the tip of the iceberg and a lot of work behind a good program will never be seen. Many programmers know how to write software, but they learned this only by practice, through trial-and error. They have little to no theory to back up their practical knowledge. This leads to a few major disadvantages:
- They waste a lot of time discovering by themselves what others had discovered before them;
- They have difficulties in finding out why a piece of program works or does not work (it is also important to know why a program works, not only why it doesn't work);
- They have trouble explaining in detail what they had done;
- They cannot adapt to new circumstances. For them, small changes into what a computer program must do can translate to major, mostly unnecessary modifications in the program;
Although I don't know you personally, I know that you are better than this!
At the end of this course you will be able to do the following things:
- You will be able to think correctly about how to conceive an algorithm. An algorithm is the base for the future program;
- You will be able represent an algorithm using logical schemes, these are intuitive and make any algorithm simple to understand;
- You will be able to write simple programs, using one (or both) of two very used languages: Pascal and C++. Of course, you can use other programming languages if you want.
The lectures that will be presented here are logically structured, beginning with the simplest concepts and notions and ending with the most advanced ones. Each concept is built on the previous, making everything much easier to understand.
Because theory is worthless without practice, I shall present and explain in detail many examples of simple exercises. You can also solve them on your own, then you can compare them with my version. Who knows? Maybe you will find another (correct) way to solve that particular exercise.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact me. I shall answer every question as soon as possible.
Feel free to take a free preview of this course to see if it's a good fit for you. Remember, you have a 30 money back guarantee with this course so if for any reason you don't like it, you can get your money back. There's no reason not to sign up!