Introduction to Programmatic Advertising
What you'll learn
- Understand what Programmatic Advertising really is
- Learn the fundamentals of digital and programmatic advertising auctions
- Know and understand the various components in the programmatic advertising ecosystem - DSPs, SSPs, ad exchanges, ad networks etc.
- Get up to speed with programmatic advertising terminology - frequency capping, ATF, BTF, RON, ROS
- Understand first, second & third party data
- Understand what brand safety is and why it is a key concern for marketers today
- Learn all about digital advertising fraud, why ad fraud exists and what you can do to detect and combat it
- Understand the concept of viewability in digital advertising
- Learn the four types of programmatic advertising - open auctions, private auctions, preferred deals and programmatic guaranteed deals
- Learn about the publisher waterfall - how publishers prioritize their inventory.
- Learn the pros and cons of each type of programmatic advertising
- Get an overview of the Google Programmatic Ecosystem - the different components, their old and new names and the functions of each component
- Understand what really makes programmatic advertising different from advertising on the Google Display Network through Google Ads
- Learn from programmatic advertising success stories and case studies from different brands
- Have a basic knowledge of digital marketing and advertising
- Understand digital marketing terms like impressions, CPM and CPC
- A basic knowledge of Google Ads would be helpful, but is not a mandatory requirement
- Be eager to learn!
Programmatic advertising is growing at a rapid pace! Going by the Zenith Media programmatic marketing forecast, published in November 2018, about 65 percent of digital media spends in 2019 will be programmatic. In fact, in the United States, by the end of 2019, nearly 84 percent of digital display ad spends will transact programmatically.
Programmatic advertising is becoming an increasingly important part of the digital advertising ecosystem and, as a marketer or an advertiser, it is imperative that you fully understand how it works. It’s an in-demand skill that will help you take your career to the next level and this course will help you accomplish that!
In this course, we’ll begin with an understanding of what programmatic advertising really is. I will then take you through the fundamentals of the digital advertising auction, for those of you who are not familiar with it. We will look at the different components of the programmatic advertising ecosystem - demand side platforms, supply side platforms, ad networks and ad exchanges - what they are and where they fit into the ecosystem. You will learn the terminology that you will keep hearing in the programmatic advertising space - frequency cap, about the fold and below the fold inventory, run of network and run of site types of ad buying. You will also learn about brand safety, ad fraud and the concept of viewability in detail.
The course will cover the different types of programmatic advertising - open auctions, private auctions, preferred deals and programmatic guaranteed deals with the pros and cons of each type. You will also learn about the Google programmatic ecosystem, the components that are part of it as well as the functions of each component.
If you have always wondered what really makes programmatic advertising different from advertising on the Google Display Network through Google Ads, this course will take you through all those differences as well. You will also get a chance to look at some success stories from brands in the programmatic advertising space that will show you the true power of programmatic advertising.
Here’s a quick summary of the key topics that this course will cover:
What is Programmatic Advertising
Digital Advertising Auction Fundamentals
The early days of Digital Advertising
The evolution of Digital Advertising
The Programmatic Advertising Ecosystem
First, Second & Third Party Data
ATF and BTF, RON and ROS
Ad Fraud & Bot Traffic
What is a Deal ID
The four types of programmatic advertising
Publisher Ad Server Prioritization - The Publisher Waterfall
Open Auction – Pros and Cons
Private Auction – Pros and Cons
Preferred Deals – Pros and Cons
Programmatic Guaranteed – Pros and Cons
The Google Programmatic Ecosystem
Programmatic Advertising vs Standard Display
Programmatic Advertising Success Stories
Who this course is for:
- Digital Marketing Professionals
- Digital Advertising Professionals
- Marketing Managers looking to expand their knowledge of digital advertising
- Brand Managers looking to expand their knowledge of digital advertising
- Traditional media professionals (TV, Radio, print) looking to learn about digital media
Hi there! My name is Rohit Uttamchandani. I am a digital marketing consultant, speaker and trainer.
Over the last 6 years in the digital marketing space, I have helped multiple clients across various sectors craft their digital strategy, scale their online presence and leverage digital media to achieve their business goals.
Prior to becoming an independent digital consultant, I headed Digital Advertising & Content Marketing at Social Beat, one of India’s leading digital marketing agencies for over 4 years.
I have managed millions of dollars in advertising spends across various digital advertising channels and platforms, delivering stellar results for clients.
I have a strong passion to speak and go around speaking at digital marketing conferences and events across the globe.
As a digital marketing trainer, I have been associated with Digital Vidya, Asia's largest digital marketing training company for the last 4 years, where I have trained over 4000 professionals including entrepreneurs and senior level marketing executives in digital marketing and strategy.
A new technologies evangelist, I am immensely passionate about everything tech and digital and love sharing my knowledge with anyone who is eager to learn. This, combined with my strong interpersonal skills, helps me make my training sessions interactive, informative and fun. Looking forward to sharing my passion and knowledge with you!