Professional Presentation Skills for ESL Learners
- Be able to understand English at a high beginner level or low intermediate level
Presenting in both interpersonal and professional situations, communications in international settings, public speaking.
Objectives: Students will be able to…
- To gain appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication skills in order to actively participate in different kinds of professional and interpersonal communication.
- Organize and lead discussions in public events.
- Present and argue points of view when speaking in public.
- Improve listening and speaking skills.
- To build confidence in speaking and expressing opinions in international settings.
- Prepare and deliver clear, well-organized, effective professional presentations in English. This includes: selecting a topic, identifying a clear purpose, analysing the audience, researching information, selecting support material, structuring and organizing a presentation, as well as focusing on effective delivery and ability to handle questions from an audience.
- Increase confidence and cross-cultural awareness in using English in a professional and commercial environment.
Who this course is for:
- Speakers of English as a second language who want to learn about in-depth international presentation skills such as psychology, body language, presentation structure, delivering results and dealing with questions during or at the end of presentation in a multi-cultural context.
- University students or adults working in any industry.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) learners
- This course is not for native English speakers.
- 02:02Learning Rules
- 02:04Learning - Strategies
- 01:33Look to Understand then to be Understood
- 2 questionsGeneral Ideas
Inderpal Virdee is a British born senior lecturer that has over 15 years of international teaching and TESOL training experience across the UK and Asia. He has thought over 2000 students aged from 16 to 60 years old from around the world. He has a Master’s Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management from the Prince of Songkla University in Thailand and a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design from Central Saint Martins in England. He is also an NLP practitioner.