Professional Podcast Production, Editing & Blueprint
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 13 mins on-demand audio
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- We will plug in a microphone and a mixer for a light, inexpensive, fully functional and professional quality podcasting studio
- You will record your solo raw recordings using the free software, Audacity
- You will record interviews using Skype and Piezo with anyone on earth who has access to a phone
- Engineer your raw recordings using Audacity and Levelator to quickly and professionally produce professional, great sounding recordings
- Mix our engineered recordings, sound effects and music with GarageBand to create a podcast that is limited only by your imagination
- You will create a process for writing consistent tagging information to your podcast .mp3 files for a polished professional end podcast product using a simple and powerful software called ID3 Editor
- We will build a website using WordPress and the Blubrry podcasting plugin to empower you to own your podcast distribution system (hint: you won't be married to BlogTalk, Podbean or others)
- After the podcast is built, we will submit your podcast RSS feed to the major podcast platforms like iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn and others (note: YES, you'll be a published podcaster at the end of this course)
- You will have the option of purchasing a podcast recording studio (microphone and a mixer) which totals to a little less than $300. This is not required to learn the process, but it will help your final results from the course greatly.
- Most of the software is free (for Apple users.) Free software tutorials on: Audacity, Levelator, GarageBand, WordPress, WordPress Plugins
- Hosting for your media URLs will be with Libsyn and HostGator for your website. Together they will cost new podcasters between $15 and $30 per month
- Additional estimated software costs: Id3 Editor ($15) - Piezo ($15)
Check out this review from a student who has a show on iTunes now:
(edited to announce I am on iTunes! Thank you, Ian!) Ian has created a Masterpiece of a course! I have an undergraduate and a Master's degree, and I would have to say this class ranks right up there as one of the best, perhaps the very best class I have ever taken, anywhere. This is a great teacher, folks. Ian has broken down the very technical content of creating a podcast into understandable, manageable lessons that I believe anyone can follow if they put in the time. He even manages to make the technical lessons fun and interesting. The system Ian teaches for post-interview audio engineering is simple yet brilliant, and I would never have figured out these methods without this course. Ian is one of the most responsive, helpful available teachers I have ever encountered. I know he has my back and would do anything to help. I was waiting to write this review until I actually had my podcast up and running, so that I could encourage future students from the position of someone who had made it to iTunes. I am not there yet, but I just realized that reviews on Udemy can be edited, and I will add that part in later. So I am writing this review now because Ian so highly deserves it, and because I want potential students to know that they will highly benefit from enrolling in this course. Ian, thank you for all your help so far!" - Meredith Here (Host of Local Hearted: Asheville Artists | WNC Artists | Art Business on iTunes)
Learn how Freedom Podcasting produces shows like:
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes
- Glambition Radio with Ali Brown
- ShopTalk Radio with Nick Onken
- The Crave Cast by Alexandra Jamieson
- Plus many more...
JOIN OVER 1,800 STUDENTS WHO HAVE ENROLLED IN THE FIRST 12 MONTHS!
THIS IS A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
EVERY SINGLE STEP - RECORD - EDIT - UPLOAD - PUBLISH to iTunes.
Despite the superstar quality of these shows, the process we use can be mastered by anyone. You can learn the skill in a weekend and simultaneously produce your first course and get your message on iTunes!
"Ian absolutely rocks this course. It is by far the best content I've come across in all the Udemy courses I've studied to date. Ian's content is entertaining, captivating and engaging while still nailing the topic. This course delivers the goods and I can't recommend it highly enough. 10 out of 10. Well done Ian!" - Tim Cooper host of ECommerce Domination
This course is unique to Udemy and I've not shared this process with ANYONE outside of our internal company process documents. Sign up for the course and you'll be the first to see the inside of our production studio.
PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SUCCEEDING WITH THIS COURSE:
"Just wanted to share my progress with my podcast. Started out by meticulously following the Udemy course and it's just growing and growing now! I've had 1400 downloads in 20 countries! And I'm only to episode 8!" - Lily Gold host of Mormon Missionary Stories
Here is a list of people who have taken this course, and used it to create AMAZING shows. All of them are now 100% verified podcasters:
- Lily Gold is now the host of Mormon Missionary Stories
- Tim Cooper is the host of Make Money with Massage
- Robbiej Frye is the host of Frye Show
- Sierra Clarke is the host of OKCarrot
- Plus many, more....
"I loved this course because Ian kept his instructions simple and clear. By having a video demonstration I felt that I could easily navigate each step. This course gave me confidence in what I was doing and moving forward into the podcasting world. As Ian says "Huzzah!" -- I'm now ready to rumble." - Sierra Clarke host of OKCarrot
In the course you will learn AND execute the following skills:
- Set up a recording studio
- Record your podcast introduction
- Record an interview with a guest via Skype
- Engineer the audio to professional standards (Minimum effective dose of learning to ensure rapid skill acquisition)
- Mix your recordings together with music and sound effects. You are limited only by your imagination!
- Label your podcast for a polished, professional feel
- Set up a WordPress website and install plugins so you own your own show (Sorry Podbean and BlogTalk)
- Finally, distribute your podcast RSS feed to the world on platforms like iTunes and Stitcher
"The instructor has done a great job at producing this course, really like the talking head in combination with the screencast. Information is very comprehensive, I already have my own podcast but still learned a lot. Good job!" - Jasper Ribbers host of Get Paid for Your Pad
Upon completion of this course, you will publish your podcast and see it on iTunes! You will have progressed from beginner to published podcaster!
Upon proving your show is published, you will have the opportunity to access our exclusive Facebook group where you can share your podcast with others who have successfully completed the course.
Remember, the opportunity is now. Podcasting is in it's infancy and cultivating these skills will offer you world class opportunities.
"When I first started this course, I had doubts that I could actually produce a quality podcast on my own. However, after only a few lessons, Ian helped me realize that those fears were only in my head. By following his instructions in the course, I was able to easily setup, record, edit and publish my very own podcast that is now published on iTunes! I can't recommend this course enough. The way that Ian has put together the learning material makes it extremely simple to learn......and he keeps it fun! Podcasting has helped transform my business by allowing me to access the influencers in my industry. And, by doing so, I am building my own positive reputation along the way. Thank you Ian.....you are the man!!!" Trevor Turnbull host of The WordPress Authorities Show
Are you deciding between this course and another, longer course? The reason this course is one of the shortest is because the content is carefully curated to deliver value every second. I cut out all the junk so you can learn AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. Don't spend 2-3 days producing a lower quality podcast and waiting through slow, unhelpful tutorials.
This course is carefully crafted to get you producing FAST.
What are you waiting for? Click "Take This Course" and let's start podcasting!
- People willing to do the hard work, produce something beautiful and courageously reach out to the world and say, "Hi, I made this."
- Those interested in creating a podcast production business (NOTE: works great for those who would like a location-independent or a work-from-home lifestyle)
- Do not take this course if you don't like taking action. Without following the steps and doing the work, the lessons will become uninteresting as you won't be following along with real results.
- Do not take this course if professional quality is unimportant to you
- Do not take this course if you are not passionate about podcasting
In this section you will learn about my experience in podcasting, the clients I've worked with and the skills you will acquire during the course.
In this section you will learn how to join the discussion during the course and how to leave a review for the course.
This is a new tutorial created in October 2019. In this tutorial, I've found a better way to set up, record and export your files. This could take the place of the rest of the videos in Section 1. If you set your system up this way, you can skip the rest of this section and move into post production.
In this section you will learn to Level your polished recordings so that they are prepared to mix with GarageBand.
If you don't want to use GarageBand, another option is Audacity. The third in a three part series of tutorials on editing a podcast with Audacity. If you have a choice, please use the GarageBand mixing tutorial for your podcast. If you are on a windows computer or you just don't like GarageBand, this is the first in a three part section which will teach you how to mix and export a podcast with Audacity.
The third in a three part series of tutorials on editing a podcast with Audacity. Here we wrap up final edits on the Three Favorite Books podcast and export an .mp3 file which is ideal for use in your podcast.
In this section you will hear another example of taking many audio elements and mixing them into a cohesive, entertaining audio file.
In this section you will learn to hear podcasts in a different way. This audio file was created using the process I detail in this course so you have an idea for what you'll be learning.
In this section you will learn how to join the Freedom Podcasting Udemy Group and connect with other podcasters who have completed the course.
In this section you will learn more about creating a podcast production business. We even take a little peak into financials and how we attract clients.