Get Professional Mixes with Free Plugins
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Churn out professional sounding mixes using the tools you already own
- Learn fundamental and advanced mixing technique
- Quickly locate the very best free plugins available online
- Confidently understand and use EQ, compression, and saturation plugins
- Master your music to be competitive with radio tracks
- Learn valuable mixing and production techniques others take years to learn
- You will need a PC or Mac computer
- You will need a DAW (but if you don't have one yet, this course will help you find a free one!)
- You will need a pair of headphones
- You will need to download free plugins from websites that offer both free and paid content
This course is a thorough lesson in finding and using the best free plugins to create professional mixes.
By the end of the course, you will be able to easily identify and download incredible free plugins, and use them in your DAW to get great mixes.
Several years ago, I was bad at mixing music. I downloaded random plugins I found, simply because they were free, and wasted a bunch of time chasing plugins that didn't help me make any better music. I lacked the knowledge of mixing techniques that professionals use, and I had no idea how to download the good freebies while avoiding the bad.
However, fast-forward to today, and I professionally record and mix music - and I have a vast collection of the best free plugins available.
This course is designed to help you get from where I was to where I am today, without spending as much time as I had to. And you can use any DAW that you like, as long as it supports VST or AU plugins: Logic Pro X, Reaper, Cubase, Studio One, FL Studio and Garageband are all great choices. I will be demonstrating using Reaper.
In this course, I will provide you with a hand-picked list of great free plugins that I use in almost every single one of my mixes. I will also teach you my secrets to finding the best ones, so you can begin building your own custom collection of great music tools.
After I show you where to find these tools, I'll dive deep in showing you how to use them.
I won't just dump these tools into your hands and expect you to know how to make them work, I will guide you in the mixing process, showing you my exact settings for mixing drums, bass, vocals, effects, and more. We will mix through an indie rock song together, from start to finish. I'll help you craft a rough mix using the faders and pan pots, shape the tone and dynamics of the tracks and busses, and even master the song and get it ready for release.
If you're ready to get the most out of the huge wealth of free plugins available on the internet, sign up for the course today.
*Note: Some of the materials in this course are found on websites that also offer paid content, but no paid content will be required, promoted, or suggested in the course.
- Beginning mixing engineers on a budget
- Experienced mixers who want to make the most of the free tools online
- Musicians who want professional mixes of their own music without buying any new software
NOTE: In the video, I suggest getting the Ardour DAW because it was free at the time of filming. Unfortunately, Ardour is no longer free (but it is still cheap.) I have included a link to another great option for a free DAW that works with this course called Traktion 6. If you're looking for a free DAW for Mac or Windows, check out Traktion 6.