Professional Jewelry & Small Product Light Tent Photography
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Take professional looking small product & jewelry photographs. Students will also learn how aperture control affects depth-of-field and learn how to use this as an advantage when creating their photographs.
- A beginner’s level in the basics of photography is helpful so students may be more prepared to take the course.
- A tablet, smartphone, mirrorless, or DSLR is also needed to take the photos along with a light tent and a set of LED lights for lighting equipment.
- Students may also consider photo editing software to crop, fine-tune & clean-up their photos.
Course updated on September 21, 2018 - This course is for anyone who wants to learn to take beautiful small product and jewelry photographs using minimal equipment. You'll learn several ways you can set up your light tent and lighting gear to help you get professional looking photos.
You'll also learn about using other accessories to give your photos even more impact and variety, all done with minimal equipment.
Also included in this course is just enough theory in the "Basics of Photography" to help you understand how aperture control and depth-of-field can drastically affect your photographs.
Whether your camera of choice is a tablet, phone, mirrorless or DSLR, this course can help you create photographs that outshine the competition and help give your products or jewelry more of a perceived value.
Please note that this course is also part of "Mastering Small Product & Jewelry Photography", which goes into more detail about different lighting techniques, backgrounds and more.
- Anyone who would like to learn to take beautiful small product & jewelry photos using a light tent and simple lighting system.
- On-line sellers of jewelry & small products who would like to learn to create & showcase their products using professional images that can add more value to their products.
Here is an in-depth look at setting up and using the light tent along with lighting techniques and backgrounds.
Sometimes it may be an advantage to add an image to one of your product photos. Here's the technique I use to do that.
Please note: Some of these techniques require a certain level of skill in using an image editing software program like Adobe Photoshop.
To my serious students: I highly recommend taking the time to learn such techniques. Yes, it's important to get the best possible image straight out of the camera, but, many of our world's famous great photographers used post processing techniques to help create their finished masterpieces.
Don't limit yourself. You may want to consider expanding your photographic knowledge and skill level.