Professional English Emails | Write Clearly and Effectively
What you'll learn
- Use tone to fit the purpose of your email and write with impact
- Build a structure to ensure clarity and avoid misunderstandings
- Open and close an email to give the right first and last impression
- Make requests, inquiries, and even more direct demands
- Push someone without making them uncomfortable
- Clarify misunderstandings, resolve conflicts, and apologize
- Reduce errors that may lead to negative judgment and missed opportunities
- Learn words and phrases to stand out from the crowd and get your point across
- Master useful English grammar for communicating ideas effectively
- Explore most common salutations, greetings, subject headings
- Understand business English email norms, etiquette, and faux pas
- Write an impactful cover letter and resume to a potential employer
- Much more!
- An understanding of clear spoken English
- A desire to learn and a willingness to practice
Hi. I'm Luke!
Do you often feel frustrated when writing English emails because you can’t express exactly what you mean? Or maybe your work emails occasionally cause misunderstandings or awkward situations.
I get it.
It is a common issue that many English learners have. The fact is, an email is often the first impression some has of you. The way you write has a big impact on how people feel about you. The good news is that learning to write clear and impactful English emails is not as hard as you might think.
In this course, you will improve your English email writing skills, whether you need to write emails to a colleague or a friend, whether you need to be formal or casual, whether you are writing to someone you don’t know or someone you’ve known for years--you will be able to handle anything. The key will be looking at examples of clearly-written emails in real-life situations. For each email, we will explore a scenario and go through the example in detail, pulling out methods, tips, structures, idioms, phrases, grammar, and vocabulary. We will also discuss more complex things, like creating the right tone, ensuring the correct level of formality, communicating ideas effectively, and much more.
Of course, it will be crucial to practice what you learn. Each example we look at will be provided in PDFs so that you can use them as templates for your emails. Put what you learn into practice, and you will see the results.
Some of the specific things you will learn in this course:
Using tone to fit the purpose of your email and write with impact
Building a structure to ensure clarity and avoid misunderstandings
Reducing errors that may lead to negative judgment and missed opportunities
Words and phrases to stand out from the crowd and get your point across
English grammar for communicating ideas effectively
The most common salutations, greetings, subject headings
Business English email norms, etiquette, and faux pas
You’ll also learn:
How to open and close an email to give the right first and last impression
How to make requests, inquiries, and even more direct demands
How to clarify misunderstandings, resolve conflicts, and apologize
How to write an impactful cover letter and resume to a potential employer
How to push someone without making them uncomfortable
If you are ready to get serious about writing clear and impactful emails and start expressing exactly what you mean in writing, your next step is simple: Sign up for this course!
Who this course is for:
- Non-native English speakers looking to compete and thrive in a native English environment
- English learners who need to communicate more clearly end effectively in writing
- Professionals eager to write more impactful, persuasive emails
Hi. My name is Luke.
I'm the founder of Cloud English. I've been teaching English for years, and over that time I've discovered powerful language learning methods that make learning English much easier and more effective. My courses have helped thousands of people become more fluent in English.
My courses will help you:
- Become more confident in English conversations
- Master English vocabulary, phrases, and expressions
- Take your English pronunciation and fluency to the next level
- Improve your English listening skills
- Think in English when you're speaking English
- Sound natural saying exactly what you mean
Here, you can find courses on business English, American English slang, American English pronunciation, common English idioms (useful for IELTS and TOEFL), and more!
I use a split screen presentation style for my courses. You will be able to see both my face and a digital blackboard. It's a great way to learn!