Professional Business Writing Masterclass
What you'll learn
- Explore the different communication models and processes that any organization may adapt
- Differentiate written communication barriers such as perceptual, cultural, language, etc.
- Know the different concepts of business writing: context, closure, decision, and action
- Learn the different workplace communication methods: horizontal, upward, and downward
- Understand your audience's culture, demographics, experience, habits, etc. for better communication
- Define what professional business writing is and its importance
- Understand the factors on why written communication fails
- Improve an organization's communication aspect through Business Writing
- Lay down the purpose and process of communication as a foundation for professional business writing
- Learn the most important considerations when communicating
- Identify the different communication success and failure factors
- Learn and put the writing process into practice
- Define the characteristics of a good professional business writing
- Be able to create the first draft and select an information structure
- Learn the different techniques in paraphrasing and rewriting
- Apply the different rules of grammar
- Review the different parts of speech and their usage
- Explore different guidelines, strategies, and steps in persuasive writing
- Substantiate ideas through various tricks and techniques
- Learn how to edit and proofread a communication letter
- Understand and apply the different guidelines and formats of a business letter
- Identify the different types of business letters and when to use them
- Learn how to use emails as a means of communication
- Apply different tips and tricks during business presentations
- Conduct business meeting through several guides and formats
- Prepare a comprehensive minutes of the meeting: what and what not to include
- There are no pre-requisites or requirements for this course but a basic working knowledge of English is useful
Get instant access to a 77-page guidebook
Introduce yourself to our community of students in this course
Encouragement and celebration of your progress
Clear and concise step by step instructions, lessons and engagement
This online writing course will teach you the principles and practices of professional communication as well as the different types of business writing. English is the global business language but it’s confusing and illogical – this course will help you!
This business writing course is designed to teach you how to write better in the workplace, even if you are just getting started. The lessons, quizzes and assignments will give you the confidence to write better so that you can get ahead.
Master Business Writing Techniques to Communicate Better In The Workplace!
While there are plenty of writing courses that focus on specific types of writing or documents this is a comprehensive course for beginner to advanced writing.
This course is designed for all career levels of professionals who want to improve their writing skills, write better business documents and communicate better - especially great for early-stage careers.
What will you learn:
· Written communication failure
· Communication barriers
· Concepts of business writing: context, closure, decision, and action
· Define professional business writing
· Improve an organization's communication
· Purpose and process of communication
· Explore the different communication models
· Workplace communication methods
· Important considerations when communicating
· Audience's culture, demographics, experience, habits
· Communication success and failure factors
· Learn and put the writing process into practice
· Define good professional business writing
· Create the first draft and select an information structure
· Techniques in paraphrasing and rewriting
· Rules of grammar
· Parts of speech and their usage
· Guidelines, strategies, and steps in persuasive writing
· Substantiate ideas
· Edit and proofread a letter
· Guidelines and formats of a business letter
· Types of business letters and when to use them
· Emails as a means of communication
· Tips and tricks during business presentations
· Business meeting guides and formats
· Minutes of the meeting: what and what not to include
Types of business documents and writing that you will learn:
Letter of inquiry
Letter of acknowledgment
Letter of complaint
Letter of collection
Letter to the press
Letter of application
Improve Your Business Writing Techniques, Communicate Better, Advance Your Career
Regardless of what your level of experience is or what type of writing you currently achieve, this in-depth course is designed to provide you with everything you need to take your writing skills to the next level.
Whether you prefer presentations, meetings documents, grammar or articulate a persuasive argument, a good writer is capable of getting their point across clearly and concisely. By developing and practicing these skills, you can write even better so you can master the world of business communication and take your career to the next. This course shows you how.
Unlike other writing classes that are more limited in scope, this complete course teaches you how to write amazingly well and how to complete a variety of different business documents.
Contents and Overview
This course is aimed at teaching professionals at all levels what it takes to improve your business writing techniques to communicate better.
You'll start with the basics and tackle the writing process plus how and why written communication often failures. You'll then dive into the different styles of writing you can focus on, as well as how to write persuasively and for different audiences, contexts and purpose.
Then you will learn important considerations when writing such as reason, audience, purpose and content. You'll also learn communication methods for the workplace: horizontal, downward, upward. Then we get into understanding your audience: culture, experience, demographics, habits and levels.
Learn what Is professional business writing? context, decision, action, closure. Communication success & failure factors: audience, tone, implications. Learn the writing process: planning, drafting, tone, style 7 Cs, register. Characteristics of good professional business writing: clear, concise, no jargon.
The first draft, selecting structure, paraphrasng & rewriting. Grammar: parts of speech, verbs, adjectives, conjunctions, articles, tenses. More advanced grammar: singular, plural, wordiness, commonly confused words. Persuasive writing: purpose & guidelines, strategies & steps.
Substantiating your ideas: evidence, support, research, counter arguments. Editing & proof reading: guidelines, practices, In-text referencing, citation. Learn business correspondence: letters, emails, reports, texts, presentations. Types of business letters: inquiry, acknowledgment, complaint, collection, media.
All about emails! Guidelines, examples, important considerations. Business presentations: KISS, voice, venue, content, conclusion, difficult people. Learn business reports: executive summary, contents, body, conclusion, recommendation. Learn professional text messaging, now a critical part of business communication.
Then we will finish off the course on business meetings: procedures, minutes, role players, format, guidelines
Who are the Instructors?
Robyn Shirley is your lead instructor – a professional making a living from her writing and teaching skills. She has joined with content creator Peter Alkema to bring you this amazing new course.
You'll get premium support and feedback to help you become a better business writer!
Our happiness guarantee...
We have a 30-day 100% money back guarantee, so if you aren't happy with your purchase, we will refund your course - no questions asked!
We can't wait to see you in the course!
Enroll now, and we'll help you write better than ever!
Peter and Robyn
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to improve their business writing and communication in the workplace
In my courses you learn practical skills: "I feel like I am in a real classroom." - Kira Minehart
"What an amazing course! After finishing this course, I have confidence. Thank so much Dr Peter Alkema". Or Tulongeni Shilunga: "This is exactly the jump-start I needed. Very clear and concise"
I lead Enterprise Architecture at ABB and previously I helped lead digital transformation at FirstRand, the biggest financial services group in Africa. I've been featured on CNBC Africa and won the Gartner CIO Of The Year in 2016. I founded and led the largest banking hackathon in South Africa which was published in 2019 as a case study by Harvard Business School.
I've taught over 100,000 students about technology, business, academics and self-development. In 2020 I completed my PhD at Wits University In Johannesburg. The study introduced a ground-breaking theory of Agile software development teams. My woodworking book was published in 2014 and has sold over 10,000 copies.
Olugbenga Gbadegesin: "Excellent delivery" / Lebogang Tswelapele: "This is what I have been longing for" / Paskalia Ndapandula: "Peter speaks with so much clarity" / Amantle Mangwedi: "It was straight to the point and the sections are cut into nice short segments which made it easier to go through" Kathy Bermudez: "Excellent material. Well organized..."
Werner van Wyk: "Thank you Peter, once again your lesson and course have given me so much knowledge and understanding" / Yvonne Rudolph "I really look forward to take everything i learned in action" / Josephine Mahlangu: "exactly what I needed to know, absolutely valuable and helpful for my personal growth"
For over 25 years, Regenesys Business School has proven to be one of the fastest-growing and leading business schools in South Africa, providing internationally recognised undergraduate, diploma, certificate, and postgraduate programmes in the disciplines of Business, Public Management, Finance, Law, Technology, and Education.
Regenesys awakens the potential of its graduates by enhancing their management and leadership competencies through a ground-breaking holistic approach to education, preparing the leaders and disruptors of the future.