Professional Azure SQL Database Administration
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build a new Azure SQL Database or migrate to it from an on-premise SQL Database
- Backup, restore, secure, and scale an Azure SQL Database
- Monitor and tune an Azure SQL Database
- Implement the high availability and disaster recovery features
- Automate common management tasks with PowerShell
- Develop a scalable cloud solution with SQL Database
This video gives a brief introduction of what we will be covering in this course.
- To gain maximum benefits from this course, you should have prior experience of working on an on-premises SQL Server and you know PowerShell and C#.
Azure SQL Database is the cloud version of SQL Server. It differs in terms of management, maintenance and administration. It’s important to know how to administer SQL Database so that you can get the most out of the features that it provides. You will learn different management aspects of an Azure SQL Database, such as migration, backup and restoration, pricing, security, scalability, monitoring and performance optimization, high availability and disaster recovery. You’ll start by understanding the architecture of the Azure SQL Database and its service tiers. Through a narrative of a DBA, who is migrating from a traditional on-premises system to Azure SQL Database, this course will explain the concepts by using different scenarios you might come across while working with Azure SQL Database. If you are interested in developing new or migrating existing applications with Azure SQL Database, then this course is for you.
About the Authors
Gethyn Ellis has over eighteen years of experience wit SQL Server and for past ten years he has been working on Azure. He is Microsoft certified trainer. He also trains and is a consultant for SQL Server. Prior to this he has worked with Packt and written books on "Getting Started SQL Server 2014 Administration" and, "Microsoft Azure laaS Essentials".
Ahmad Osama is an independent consultant for Microsoft data platform stack. He has provided consulting, training, content development and SQL support services to more than 120 SQL Server customers globally. An expert in SQL Server and related technologies, he frequently speaks at user group events and conferences. Over the last 9 years, he has worked on countless SQL Server projects, consulted, trained, and mentored more than 1000 IT professionals on SQL Server, delivered more than 50 workshops. Ahmad has been a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) awardee for SQL Server from 2014 - 2016.
Currently, he works for Pitney Bowes Pvt. Ltd. as a database engineer and is a Microsoft Data Platform rMVP. In his day to day job at Pitney Bowes, he works on developing and maintaining high performance on-premise and cloud SQL Server OLTP environments, building CI/CD environments for databases and automation.
Other than his day to day work, Ahmad has written over 100 blogs, including SQL Server Administration/Development, Azure SQL Database, and Azure Data Factory. He regularly speaks at user group events and webinars conducted by the Dataplatformlabs community.
- This course is designed for database administrators, database developers, and application developers, who want to develop applications with Azure SQL Database, or migrate from their old applications.