Product: How To Start A Product-Based Business
- All you need for this course is a computer, internet access and a notepad for taking notes
Don’t start yet!
The first few steps in launching a product can seem simple, get the product made by any means possible, but…
Before you start making your own products or get someone to manufacture them for you, take this course so that you know all your options for bringing a product to market and pricing it correctly.
By the time you finish this course you will be able to: decide what product to sell (if you haven’t decided already); decide whether to make the product yourself or have it made for you by a third-party; understand different options for bringing the product to market; discover how to get third-parties to make the product for you; decide what quantity to produce or order; set the best price for the product and you’ll receive a template that will help you find a good quality supplier - if you need one.
- This course is for anyone who would like to start selling products online without taking too much risk
- Introduction & Background
- How To Bring A Product To Market - Module 1 (Product)
- The Real Costs Involved In Running A Business - Module 2 (Product)
- Contract Manufacturing - Module 3 (Product)
- Requests for Proposal (RFPs) - Module 4 (Product)
- Product Sourcing - Module 5 (Product)
- Product Pricing (i) The Supply Chain, Margins & Mark-ups - Module 6 (Product)
- Product Pricing (ii) How To Slash Costs & Reduce Price - Module 6 (Product)
- Product Creation Quiz
Heather is a massive personal finance hobbyist.
She graduated with First Class Honours in Economics from the University of Cambridge and has the CFA Charter and ACCA accounting qualification.
She has 7 years of investment banking experience from Goldman Sachs and HSBC. In the past she has written columns for both Malawi News (on Personal Finance) eFinancialCareers (on investment banking) and the Daily Graphic in Ghana (on Hair).
She is the author of several books on banking, personal finance, business and hair. She lives in Birmingham with her Husband and two children.