Product Management: Mastering Product Roadmaps
What you'll learn
- Why traditional roadmapping approaches don't work in Agile environments
- What are the required and optional components that make up good roadmaps
- How to build a roadmap template that works for your Product team
- Approaches for effectively gathering roadmap inputs
- The role of themes and sub-themes in your roadmap
- Roadmap prioritization frameworks
- Achieving roadmap alignment with stakeholders
- Keeping your roadmap fresh
- The course assumes a basic knowledge of Agile development practices
- Access to Google Docs (Free)
Welcome to Product Management: Mastering Product Roadmaps.
The traditional way of building product roadmaps just does not work in Agile environments. And teams mitigate this by either 1) tightly restricting access to their roadmap or 2) entirely abandoning the use of roadmaps.
It's time to reinvent the traditional product roadmap.
I created this course and packed it with practical, real-world experiences that I’ve gained working with Product Management teams around the world. All theory is paired with practical exercises we’ll complete together in your workbook.
What you’ll get from this course.
1. I’ll show you how design a roadmap template that incorporates the right level of detail, without overcommitting.
2. You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of approaches for identifying your roadmap stakeholders, gathering inputs, and understanding your business ecosystem.
3. We’ll then look at how to uncover and express roadmap themes and consider when to add features to your roadmap.
4. Then we'll do deep dive into roadmap prioritization, including avoiding common mistakes, and key frameworks that can be used. We'll also explore tried and tested methods for achieving stakeholder alignment.
5. In the final section, we'll do a deep dive of presentation options. I'll also show you how to keep your roadmap fresh and effectively communicate changes to stakeholders.
Why learn Modern Product Management?
The demand for the "strategic" Product Manager is growing rapidly. In fact, LinkedIn ranks "Product Manager" as one of the most promising jobs, with 29% year-over-year growth. More and more companies are finally figuring out how important this discipline and this role are to their success.
But Product Management practices are also widely misunderstood, with most product initiatives failing to launch. And of those that do launch, only a fraction delivers value to the intended customers.
In a field where so many teams follow counter-productive practices, copying others won't work.
Don't Imitate. Understand.
This course will teach you proven roadmapping techniques used by top product teams. And the practical portion will give you real-world skills that you can apply immediately.
If you're a Product Manager looking to level up your product roadmapping skills or are trying to transition into a new career, this course will help prepare you for success.
And if you work in a related role (Business Analyst, Project Manager, Developer, etc), you’re also in the right place.
What if I have questions?
I offer full support, answering any questions you have 7 days a week (whereas many instructors answer just once per week, or not at all). This means you’ll never find yourself stuck on one lesson for days. With my hand-holding guidance, you’ll progress smoothly through this course without any major roadblocks.
So Let’s Do This! Enroll now and sharpen your product roadmapping skills.
See you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Product management professionals
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Business Analysts
- Product Marketing Managers
- Data Analysts
- Engineers and developers
- Operations Managers
- People interested in transitioning to the tech industry
My name is Raj Elakkara and I am super-psyched that you are reading this! Professionally, I'm a Entrepreneur/Product Manager with over ten years of experience in healthcare informatics, supply chain & geographic information systems.
I've had the privilege of working for large fortune 500 companies in the US and Australia, including FedEx and General Electric. I've also founded 3 startups.
I leverage data to drive business strategy, revamp customer experience and streamline operational processes. From my courses you will straight away notice how I combine my real-life experience and academic background to deliver professional step-by-step coaching.
To sum up, I am absolutely and utterly passionate about all things related to Product Management and Data Science and I am looking forward to sharing my passion and knowledge with you!