Product Owner Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Gain an understanding of what the Product Owner role is, their responsibilities, and how they generate value for organizations
- Learn the foundational concepts of Agile Scrum including Scrum artifacts, events, and best practices.
- Shift from a Project Mindset to a Product Mindset, where the focus is on maximizing value
- Learn how to bring a product to life, from vision to creation
- No experience is necessary - this course will teach you Product Owner concepts from the ground up
THE DEMAND FOR PRODUCT OWNERS CONTINUES TO EXPAND AS MORE AND MORE ORGANIZATIONS ADOPT AGILE SCRUM.
THIS COURSE WILL TEACH YOU THE FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS YOU NEED TO BE A SUCCESSFUL PRODUCT OWNER.
The Product Owner (PO) is the most critical role in Agile Scrum. They are responsible to talk with the business, understanding their wants and needs, and then collaborating with the Development Team to create a product – a piece of software, a service, or a process – that satisfies those identified needs.
In this course, we prepare you for that Product Owner position. We’ll teach you about the mindset, the responsibilities, the activities, the skills, best practices, and the core concepts you’ll need to know to be a successful Product Owner (PO).
Why become a Product Owner in the first place?
1. Potential Earnings – Let’s be honest it’s the main reason we work in the first place. So, you’ll be happy to hear that a typical Product Owner (PO) earns over $100,000 USD per year. And that is only the average. Work hard, continue to increase the value you provide through study and training, and just imagine how much you could end up making!
2. Job Growth – With the abundance of organizations adopting Agile and Scrum, the Product Owner role has benefited with a 24% annual growth (US) and being declared an emerging job by LinkedIn. There is no better time than now to learn the fundamentals needed to be a Product Owner.
3. Career Springboard – The skills you learn as a Product Owner are crucial to a host of many other professions, everything from Business to IT. This career path isn’t just a job, it’s an investment in your future, no matter where life takes you.
4. Fulfilling Outcomes – Being able to positively influence and make decisions that shape the value a product provides to customers, generates a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment. And this is probably a big reason the average Product Owner is highly satisfied with their job.
5. It’s Never Boring – Business and customer needs are always changing and evolving, and your product needs to stay up-to-speed. This could mean new features, a change in the workflow, an updated customer experience, or adjusting your product to meet the needs of a new market segment. It is never boring because there is always additional value that can be provided.
So if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career, I highly encourage you to take a serious look into becoming a Product Owner!
Here's some feedback from the students who’ve already taken our courses:
"The instructor is engaging and really provides you with what you need to have the mindset to be a successful Product Owner. The content really helps you understand what you can do to provide value to an organization in this role." - Michelle
"I really love how clear Jeremy is laying out the PO role. Understanding exactly how the PO plays part in the scrum team." - Josh
"Great quality work. I like how Jeremy breaks everything down, so it's understandable even if you don't have any background. Awesome courses!!!" - Oleg L.
"This course does a great job of breaking down the different pieces that go into how a successful product owner operates." - Sameer
What’s Included in this course?
High-Quality Video Lectures that break down and simplify the complex terms and topics into practical and logical pieces so they can be more easily understood.
Quizzes to validate your learning and increase information retention and comprehension.
Activities to give you practical experience and help you apply the knowledge to real-world situations and examples.
Downloadable Resources to provide you with a reference on the job and in the classroom.
1-on-1 Instructor Support enables you to have your questions answered and any confusion cleared up.
Lifetime Access with NO Expiration so you can learn at your own pace and come back at any time you feel unsure or need a refresher.
As an added bonus, this course also includes The BA Guide's 30-Minute Agile Scrum Round-Up. This inclusion allows you to get up to speed on Agile Scrum and its core elements, ensuring you a solid understanding of the roles, artifacts, events, and best practices. Setting you up for success, regardless of your past Agile Scrum experience.
The BA Guide’s TEACH, SHOW, DO
This course makes use of The BA Guide’s TEACH, SHOW, DO technique – a method I’ve developed over my years of experience in the industry training and managing business analysis and product owner professionals. This technique will help ensure you with total comprehension of the topic at hand and maximum information retention long after you've completed the course.
TEACH – You first learn the concept, in detail, from the ground up. But I won’t simply teach you the concept in isolation – you’ll learn HOW and WHEN to use it too.
SHOW – Once you fully understand the concept, we enhance that by walking you step-by-step through real-world examples – so you can see exactly how the concept would pan out if you were to apply it in the real world.
DO – Firmly cement everything you’ve learned so far and put your new knowledge to the test by completing the included activities and quizzes. Validate you’ve fully understood the concept and greatly increase your ability to retain the information you’ve learned.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn” – Benjamin Franklin
In short, this course provides you with the foundational knowledge and know-how that will prepare you for a successful career as a Product Owner.
Enroll today and I look forward to engaging with you in the classroom!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring Product Owners, including those looking to make a career change and recent college graduates
- New Product Owners wanting to improve their skills and generate additional value
- Business Analysts and Business Professionals looking to expand their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Those planning on achieving Scrum Org's Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) certification
Come learn with more than 430,000 students from around the world!
Hello! My name is Jeremy Aschenbrenner, but many know me better as The BA Guide, and I'm happy you are here.
I’m a veteran Business Analyst with thousands of projects completed throughout my career. I've managed business analysis projects for companies in diverse industries including health care, telecom, automotive, transportation, consumer packaged goods, car rental agency, food and beverage, financial services, consulting, and more.
Through personal experience, I quickly learned that business analysis can be confusing and even intimidating. There’s endless business jargon, technical terms, techniques, and methodologies to learn, and countless visual diagrams, artifacts, elicitation sessions, interfaces, and KPIs to wrap your head around. I’ve been there and learned all of that. Many years ago, I also learned a valuable lesson about myself: I really enjoy teaching others. This was the inspiration for The BA Guide.
Here is where I come in and offer guidance.
I take that broad world of business analysis and build a structure and processes within it. I then break down those individual segments until they are easy to understand by using real-life examples and scenarios to make them relatable. Finally, to help solidify and reinforce your knowledge and understanding of these key concepts and processes, I follow up with activities and quizzes.
Whether you’re an aspiring or current Business Analyst, The BA Guide courses are created with you, the learner, in mind. By design, the courses I’ve created are optimized for flexible learning in video format so you can learn at your own pace, when it’s convenient for you.
If your goal is to explore the world of business analysis or upskill and advance your career, whether that be as a Business Analyst, an Agile Analyst, a Process Analyst, a Product Owner, an AMAZING Administrator, or anything in-between, I'd love to help.
Feel free to post on the course Q&A board, message me on Udemy, or connect with me on social media. I look forward to helping you reach your personal and professional goals.
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right." - Henry Ford
We are Vivek and Pabitra, co-founders of The Agile Coach. Nice to meet you! We are seasoned professional with experience in Agile Coaching, Business Analysis, Product Management, and Technology/Business Consulting in domains like IT, Financial Technology, Healthcare, Sales and Distribution, E-commerce, and Communications.
We are passionate about sharing our knowledge, expertise, and experience that we have gained from working in 10+ multinational companies and multiple startups. We are life-long learners and entrepreneurs. We believe learning and education should be made accessible to everyone & it should be fun.
We have 7+ years of experience working in roles like Agile Coach, Scrum Master, Product Manager, and Business Analyst, and do our best to bring real-life scenarios from our work experience. We have spent 100’s of hours in the boot camps; teaching and coaching agile to aspiring Scrum Masters and Product Owners along with helping them master the resumes and interviews. We are very excited to serve you as an instructor, mentor, and guide in your agile career journey.
Don’t hesitate to reach out and say hello!
Vivek & Pabitra Khattri
The Agile Coach