Product Marketing Fundamentals: Lead with Customer Empathy
What you'll learn
- Build product marketing strategies with a customer-centric approach
- Get to know your customer by building an Ideal Customer Profile (ICP)
- Craft nuanced positioning and messaging frameworks that speak to your audience
- Develop strong relationships with your product, sales, and marketing stakeholders
- Launch go-to-market motions that will make your product stand out from the rest
- Measure success using a north star metric
- No marketing experience required. Come as you are.
Product Marketing is one of the most critical functions in businesses today - and yet the most mysterious. Many organizations have developed product marketing departments with varying goals and objectives. The benefits of product marketing range from getting crystal clarity on who the target customer is to helping internal stakeholders get aligned on the launch goals of the go-to-market strategy. Product marketing can deliver sustained business results while creating fans in customers that last a lifetime - if it is done right.
At the center of top-quality product marketing lies the focus on customer empathy. With customer empathy, businesses can deeply resonate with their customers and operate from a perspective that can be leveraged as their competitive advantage. Customer empathy is key to becoming an impactful product marketer. Understanding how to develop a growth mindset by constantly learning about and understanding the customer perspective is critical to the success of a product marketing team.
This course gives you the fundamentals with which you can start and/or augment your product marketing motions today.
Define your customer
Build positioning and messaging frameworks
Outline your stakeholder maps
Deliver the right metrics for your business
We discuss these topics and many more in this course to help you get started with product marketing today. Please join me!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner product marketers who are career switchers or recent grads
- Current product marketers who are looking to build their core product marketing & go to market skills
- Startup founders looking to build product marketing motions in their companies
- VC investors trying to understand how product marketing can benefit their companies
Hi there. Bryan here. I'm a product marketing geek who loves to explore new ways to market, monetize, and connect with customers. I lead product marketing teams in the quest for product-market fit and advise startups on building a thriving business around their products. In my free time, I love reading and writing screenplays.