Product Management Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- A sound introduction to the world of Products
- Understand value and the value management journey that is critical to the lifecycle of all products
- Understand the Adaptive Productizing Process, a leading framework for product innovation
- Learn the nuances and career track of the Product Manager role
- Comprehensive exploration of product management fundamentals
- No pre-requisite work or previous knowledge is necessary for this course; all you need is an open mind and a genuine eagerness to learn new concepts in Product Management.
Learn the relevant skills to get into the hottest role in tech today!
The most comprehensive and easy-to-understand introduction to Product Management, led by an Executive Product Leader. Supplemented by quizzes, resources, and a course completion certificate.
A recent news article calls the Product Manager the 4th most important role in a company today, making product management one of the hottest jobs in the market. However, most people are unaware of what exactly a Product Manager does. Does the role require technical skills or business skills? And what is it about the role that demands extreme empathy with the customer?
This e-learning course by the Institute of Product Leadership is a foundational course that demystifies the role. Starting from the very basics of “What is a product?”, the course curriculum introduces students to the productizing process and the skills and frameworks such as Market Analysis, Strategic Planning, Product Planning, Go to Market and Sales Enablement required to design, launch, and nurture a product. Students will also be introduced to the role and career path of a Product Manager and the business, technology and customer contexts a person needs to master to become a good Product Manager.
Although no prior knowledge is required, an appreciation or hands-on experience of how product and services companies operate is helpful.
Who this course is for:
- Professionals who want to get into Product Management
- Aspiring Product Managers
- Professionals working in Product Management Roles
- Working professionals in services and product industry
- Accidental Product Managers
- Startup Founders & Cofounders who want to understand and implement Product management practice in their organization
- Anyone & everyone who wants to understand about Product management
Institute of Product Leadership (IPL) was formed in conjunction with the Executive Product Industry Council (EPIC). IPL's programs are designed for professionals, enabling them to accelerate their career, transform into a leadership role and internalize entrepreneurial thinking. Our participants acquire the skills to build innovation in the global context and that of emerging markets. The courses are designed and delivered by eminent leaders of the Product Industry, who leverage their invaluable experience to create a learning environment, like no other.