Product Management Foundations
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 5 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Bare basics of the product management practice
- History of Product Management and why the practice came into existence in technology organizations
- Role and responsibilities of a product manager and how it varies in different stages of product lifecycle
- Product Manager vs Project Manager vs Product Owner, what's the difference?
- Product Management Process from Idea to Concept to Launch
- Idea validation, product planning and roadmapping
- Product Management Frameworks like Facebook's 3 questions, Product Canvas, Jobs to be Done Framework, Design thinking, Goolge's design sprint, Hooked Model, etc.
- Product Prioritization Techniques like MoSCow, RICE by Intercom
- Product Metrics Models like Pirate Metrics and Google's HEART Framework
- Product Management Case Assignment to put Product Management learnings into practice
An introduction to the course, 'Product Management Foundations'. This section covers a brief overview of the course, and what are the learning objectives.
In this lecture, we take the example of Google to build our understanding of Product Management.
This lecture elaborates on the product management practice.
This lecture explains the history of product management and tries to help you understand why product management as a practice came into existence in technology organizations.
In this lecture, we elaborate in detail about the product management processes and discuss some common frameworks, tools & techniques that product managers use. Also, make use of the additional resources to broaden your perspective around these frameworks as these will come handy when you attempt the assignment.
In this lecture, we will introduce you to the case context and explain the role-play exercise which we will be doing as part of this section Product Management in Action.
In this lecture, we will try to build our understanding of the product (in our case 'Trello') and go about analyzing and defining the product vision. This is a pre-requisite before we can move further into our role-play exercise for product planning, road mapping, discovery, and delivery.
In this lecture, we will do market trend analysis and competitor analysis. This will help in identifying the market needs and feature gaps with respect to our competitors. We will use the findings from this further in our role-play exercise and translate them into feature requirements.
- No pre-requisites, although a basic understanding of Software Development Lifecycle is desirable
Product Management is a sought after career for many software professionals. Professionals from different backgrounds aspire to take up this challenging and rewarding role to further their careers. However, there is aspiration and then there is reality. A few succeed in their career pursuits but many fail as there is a lack of structured courseware that is practical enough to bridge this skill gap.
Product Management Foundations is an introductory yet comprehensive course in this direction to help all aspiring and budding product managers to understand more about product management, get to know about the product management craft, and the essential skills, processes, frameworks involved in it. It is a fast track and practical course that teaches you product management as it happens on the ground, in most software product organizations.
The course includes a practical case assignment to put your product management learnings into action. You can get your case solution reviewed and get the necessary guidance on the same to hone your skills further.
The intended audience for this course are:
Professionals who want to get into Product Management
Accidental Product Managers, ones who landed up in product management roles with no context whatsoever
Junior Product Managers who want to get an overall perspective of Product Management and build their foundations
Startup Founders & Cofounders who want to understand and implement Product management practice in their organization
Leaders from other Organizational Practices who work with Product Managers closely and want to understand who are they
Anyone & everyone who wants to understand about Product management
- Professionals who want to get into Product Management
- Accidental Product Managers, ones who landed up in product management roles with no context whatsoever
- Junior Product Managers who want to get an overall perspective of Product Management and build their foundations
- Startup Founders & Cofounders who want to understand and implement Product management practice in their organization
- Leaders from other Organizational Practices who work with Product Managers closely and want to understand who are they
- Anyone & everyone who wants to understand about Product management