Product Management Foundations
What you'll learn
- Bare basics of the product management practice
- History of Product Management and why the practice came into existence in technology organizations
- Role and responsibilities of a product manager and how it varies in different stages of product lifecycle
- Product Manager vs Project Manager vs Product Owner, what's the difference?
- Product Management Process from Idea to Concept to Launch
- Idea validation, product planning and roadmapping
- Product Management Frameworks like Facebook's 3 questions, Jobs to be Done Framework, Design thinking, Goolge's design sprint, Hooked Model, etc.
- Product Prioritization Techniques like MoSCow, RICE by Intercom
- Product Metrics Models like Pirate Metrics and Google's HEART Framework
- Product Management Case Assignment to put Product Management learnings into practice
- No pre-requisites, although a basic understanding of Software Development Lifecycle is desirable
Product Management is a sought after career for many software professionals. Professionals from different backgrounds aspire to take up this challenging and rewarding role to further their careers. However, there is aspiration and then there is reality. A few succeed in their career pursuits but many fail as there is a lack of structured courseware that is practical enough to bridge this skill gap.
Product Management Foundations is an introductory yet comprehensive course in this direction to help all aspiring and budding product managers to understand more about product management, get to know about the product management craft, and the essential skills, processes, frameworks involved in it. It is a fast track and practical course that teaches you product management as it happens on the ground, in most software product organizations.
The course includes a practical case assignment to put your product management learnings into action. You can get your case solution reviewed and get the necessary guidance on the same to hone your skills further.
The intended audience for this course are:
Professionals who want to get into Product Management
Accidental Product Managers, ones who landed up in product management roles with no context whatsoever
Junior Product Managers who want to get an overall perspective of Product Management and build their foundations
Startup Founders & Cofounders who want to understand and implement Product management practice in their organization
Leaders from other Organizational Practices who work with Product Managers closely and want to understand who are they
Anyone & everyone who wants to understand about Product management
Who this course is for:
- Professionals who want to get into Product Management
- Accidental Product Managers, ones who landed up in product management roles with no context whatsoever
- Junior Product Managers who want to get an overall perspective of Product Management and build their foundations
- Startup Founders & Cofounders who want to understand and implement Product management practice in their organization
- Leaders from other Organizational Practices who work with Product Managers closely and want to understand who are they
- Anyone & everyone who wants to understand about Product management
Deepak Kumar Panda is a product management leader with more than a decade of experience in the software industry, having worked in various capacities right from software development to technology consulting to product management. He has worked as a product manager for companies like SAP, HP, McAfee, and greytHR. Currently, he is working with as a Director, Product Management at SenseHQ. Deepak has exposure and experience in different industry domains like Enterprise HCM, SaaS, E-Commerce, Telecom, and Mobile Security, both in B2B & B2C space.
Deepak holds an MBA from Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB). He is also a Certified Product Management Professional from Blackblot Product Management Expertise and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) from the Scrum Alliance group.