How I designed, prototyped & manufactured my first product.
What you'll learn
- Identify the important details of your product's features, functionality and benefits.
- Sketch your product with basic shapes using simple drawing techniques.
- Create your first prototype using everyday items and inexpensive materials.
- Apply the iteration process to your product details and prototype.
- Get discount parts and supplies for your product.
- Design your product with free CAD software.
- Test your prototype for manufacturing.
- Choose the right suppliers and manufacturers.
- This course does not cover intellectual property law.
- Producing a product can take several months... even years through several cycles of each step.
Take your first idea to market and have fun creating it! Take a simplified approach to learn how to design, prototype and manufacture your first product. Learn how I made my first product in months and how you can too! You'll learn about all of the basic steps you need including:
- Basic product sketching to move your idea from imagination to illustration.
- Creating a "Design Kit" for prospective companies looking to license your product.
- Learn 3D CAD using a free program and create parts and assemblies.
- Learn about 3D printing, laser cutting and CNC machining services.
- Find out where to get parts and supplies for free or with discounts.
- Learn where manufacturers are and what they need from you to create your product.
This course can take a few weeks, a few months... even a few years depending on your idea. However long it will take, you'll gain tons of insight and experience along with numerous network opportunities... all around your first product. Take the steps to make your first of many!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an idea and a target market.
Randy has led numerous initiatives throughout his corporate career for over a decade at Apollo Group and University of Phoenix ranging from corporate communications to live streaming events and graduations. After leaving the corporate world, Randy successfully funded his first product on Kickstarter, the MilliMount, a versatile smartphone accessory and has teamed up with Paladin Innovators to equip live mobile streaming to the masses.