Product Management: A Concise Guide to Product Analytics
What you'll learn
- Find your product's key value moment & guide users to it
- Identify what data is relevant to your product
- Discover what levers can be controlled and should be measured
- Uncover insights using behavioral cohorts
- Find good A/B test candidates & build an A/B test plan
- Define active & power users for your product
- Measure and influence user retention & growth
- A basic knowledge of traditional web analytics
- Access to Google Docs
Welcome to Product Management: A Concise Guide to Product Analytics.
Do you want to unlock your full potential as a product manager and drive impact for the metrics that matter most for your product?
Don’t get lost in the data. Get focused on what matters.
I created this course and packed it with practical, real-world experiences that I’ve gained working with Product Management teams around the world. All theory is paired with practical exercises we’ll complete together in your workbook.
What you’ll get from this course.
1. I’ll show you how to focus on the metrics that matter so you can find and guide users to your product’s Key Value Moments.
2. You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of key product performance metrics such as active usage, power/core/casual use, retention & growth.
3. We’ll then look at customer segmentation approaches that are truly actionable and examine how to perform behavioral cohorting.
4. And then we’ll explore how to define ideal use for your product and use this insight to identify and nurture your power users.
5. In the final section, we’ll do a deep dive into A/B testing, examine ways to uncover good A/B test candidates, and then create an A/B test plan together.
What you won’t get from this course
The course is not a how-to guide for learning specific analytical tools such as Google Analytics or Mixpanel. There are many resources that teach that. Rather, it focuses on analytical frameworks and approaches that are tool-agnostic.
Why learn Modern Product Management?
The demand for the “data-savvy” Product Manager is growing rapidly. In fact, LinkedIn ranks "Product Manager" as one of the most promising jobs, with 29% year-over-year growth. More and more companies are finally figuring out how important this discipline and this role are to their success.
But Product Management practices are also widely misunderstood, with most product initiatives failing to launch. And of those that do launch, only a fraction delivers value to the intended customers.
In a field where so many teams follow counter-productive practices, copying others won't work.
Don't Imitate. Understand.
This course will teach you the underlying values and principles of product analytics. And the practical portion will showcase how successful teams build products using approaches that minimize risk and maximize customer delight.
If you're a Product Manager looking to level up your product analytics skills or are trying to transition into a new career, this course will help prepare you for success.
And if you work in a related role (Business Analyst, Project Manager, Developer, etc), you’re also in the right place.
What if I have questions?
I offer full support, answering any questions you have 7 days a week (whereas many instructors answer just once per week, or not at all). This means you’ll never find yourself stuck on one lesson for days. With my hand-holding guidance, you’ll progress smoothly through this course without any major roadblocks.
So Let’s Do This! Enroll now and sharpen your product analytical skills.
See you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Product Managers looking to level up their data analysis skills
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Business Analysts
- Product Marketing Managers
- Data Analysts
- Engineers and Developers
- Operations Managers
My name is Raj Elakkara and I am super-psyched that you are reading this! Professionally, I'm a Entrepreneur/Product Manager with over ten years of experience in healthcare informatics, supply chain & geographic information systems.
I've had the privilege of working for large fortune 500 companies in the US and Australia, including FedEx and General Electric. I've also founded 3 startups.
I leverage data to drive business strategy, revamp customer experience and streamline operational processes. From my courses you will straight away notice how I combine my real-life experience and academic background to deliver professional step-by-step coaching.
To sum up, I am absolutely and utterly passionate about all things related to Product Management and Data Science and I am looking forward to sharing my passion and knowledge with you!