Producing Music with Logic Pro X
What you'll learn
- How to produce a song from start to finish using Logic Pro X
- How to set up and navigate around Logic Pro X
- How to use samples, and create your own custom user patches
- How to create and work with templates to speed up your workflow
- How to get a groove going with custom drum kits
- How to make your kick drum hit harder and cut through the mix
- How to create custom synth leads to make your song truly unique
- How to add layers and textures without cluttering up the mix
- How to create perfect MIDI tracks from an imperfect performance with quantization
- How to record and edit audio
- TONS of secrets, tips and tricks from over a decade of experience producing music professionally
- How to export your track with professional quality
- How to solve common audio problems like clipping and distortion while producing a track
- The fundamentals of creating a "hook"
- How to use the Logic Pro X Drummer and Drummer tracks
- How to mix stems
- How to mix your track (an introduction to mixing and mastering)
- How to share an entire Logic Pro X project with another producer vs. a completed song to share with friends
- Tips and Tricks for working with Compressors and Filters
- How to automate tracks and regions
- How to bus channels in a professional workflow
- How to work with and customize Apple Loops
- A computer with the latest version of Logic Pro X
- In this course we only use a laptop with Logic's "Musical Typing" window, so you don't have to have a keyboard or MIDI controller to follow along.
- Basic music skills are a plus, but not necessary
Have you ever wanted to make music but had no idea where to begin?
We probably have a lot in common. Even though I grew up playing lots of different instruments and interested in listening to all musical genres, I never really understood how to take those musical skills and interests and create a song that I was proud of. I never even considered producing something in Logic Pro X or GarageBand because I didn't know where to begin.
My name is Derrick Mitchell, and I work as a Creative Director and Graphic Designer, but I LOVE music. I play electric and acoustic guitars in a church band on the weekends, and sometimes the drums and bass as well. While serving at the church, I've learned a ton about producing music from my friend, Solomon (Solo) Ray.
Solo has a pretty impressive resumé when it comes to musicians he's worked with and different albums that he has produced. Not only that, but his musical skills are incredible and he has performed on stages all over the world!
I wanted to learn Solo's secrets about how to produce music in Logic Pro X so that I could build on the skills I already had and create my first track in Logic. I was able to convince Solo to help me produce this course and pull back the curtain on his creative workflow while producing songs.
Solo holds nothing back and shows you every little tip, trick, and secret he's learned from over a decade of producing music professionally.
This course is a great introduction for total beginners, but is laced with TONS of advanced techniques that even the most advanced Logic Pro X users will find helpful.
If you've ever wanted to dive into making music, then you definitely have to check out this course!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners: Anyone who loves music and wants to learn how to make their first song. This course starts from the very basics so everyone can follow along, but accelerates quickly.
- Intermediate to Advanced producers who want to learn tips, tricks, and secrets to create even better tracks, while also learning the latest and best workflows in Logic Pro X
Derrick is a lifelong learner with a passion for making bland things beautiful.
He has spent his entire career in the creative arts and marketing sector. He had the opportunity to work with brands such as MTV, Nintendo, and Netflix while employed as an intern for Seven 2 Interactive, which definitely set the trajectory for his design career. in 2008, he and his wife opened a small graphic design and marketing agency in Montana - they spent the next decade creating websites, logos, and more for clients all over the world.
Derrick has been the creative director for major international brands and recently made a career pivot to include online teaching. He loves helping students realize their full potential while turning their interests and passions into strong skillsets and careers. From hand-illustrating logos to creating websites for global brands, Derrick knows what it takes to succeed as a graphic designer, a freelancer, and a business owner.
He is passionate about helping others find success doing what they love and he currently teaches over 130,000 students online on several different platforms. From Photoshop to Illustrator to InDesign - if it revolves around graphic design, Derrick is excited about teaching it to others.
Derrick lives in Montana with his wife, his four daughters, his son, and the family's two dogs. When he has a free moment, he enjoys paddleboarding, mountain biking, and snowboarding. In his spare time, he also enjoys making GoPro videos with his kids and finding ways to continue to evolve his craft as a designer and artist.
Hi! I am a music producer and music director based out of Montana. I predominantly produce, mix, and master in Logic Pro X, but I also enjoy using Ableton and Pro Tools. I started playing piano when I was a little kid (hated practicing then, but now I'm so thankful my parents made me do it anyway), got my feet wet in GarageBand around 12, and produced my first album in Logic at 16. I'm now 25 and have learned so much about the recording process, songwriting, mixing and mastering, and I can't wait to help you progress to the next step of your musical journey!