Music Production with Presonus Studio One
What you'll learn
- At the end of the course the student will be able to produce their own song within Studio One.
- You'll record audio and MIDI
- You'll learn to edit these tracks,
- And you will learn to mix and master the song
- The students will need to have a basic understanding of music composition and audio engineering
Get those big song ideas out of your head and into Studio One! In this course from composer/sound designer Gary Hiebner will guide you through Presonus Studio One and how to record and produce your first songs. You'll also learn how to build your confidence when navigating this feature-rich audio software so that you too can start producing your own music. You'll be guided through the software's capabilities, learn how to set up your gear, record in your ideas and edit, mix and export your song.
Course Content includes:
- Learning the User Interface and its Tools
- Setting Up Your Audio Interface and MIDI Devices
- Recording to Audio and MIDI Instrument Tracks
- Using Melodyne to Pitch and Time Correct Audio
- Exploring the Mai Tai Synth
- Using Arrange Tracks to map out your song arrangement
- Using the Scratchpad feature to sketch out different song arrangement ideas
- Exploring the Mix Console and its functions
- Learning how to use the Inserts and Sends in your mix
- Applying Automation to your tracks to give them more interest
- Improving your mix with Bus Processing and Mix Engine effects
- Finalizing your song with some mastering and exporting out your mix.
Compatible with both Macs and PCs, Studio One is a competitive DAW that allows beginners and pros alike to create and produce awesome audio content.
What You'll Get From This Course:
- Step-by step instructions on how to get started with Studio One for song production
- Easy to follow on screen examples of how to navigate Studio One
- Tips & Tricks from an experience composer and sound designer
- Suitable for beginners and pros alike
At the end of this course you’ll be able to find your way around the Studio One interface, record to audio and MIDI tracks, use the features like the Scratchpad and Audio Comping to expand on ideas, and understand how to use the Mix Console and its included Inserts and Sends sections – all on your way to producing your first song.
Who this course is for:
- This is targeted at the beginner student who wants to get into audio software to produce their own musical ideas. It's also aimed at advanced users who might be wanting to switch from another DAW and see what Studio One has to offer
Who Am I
I'm a sound designer and music composer from South Africa, and my passions are music making, and teach others how to make music.
I've been working in new media such as music and sound for TV and online games for the last 15 years. In these years I've worked through a multitude of different audio software, and through this found a passion for teaching how to use the different type of audio software that is available on the market.
What I Teach
I'm a firm believer that audio software has its place in the creative field and using them as tools you can get different results which you might not have ever imagined. I wish to show you how to get the most out of these audio applications so that you can produce and expand on your musical ideas.