Procurement Powerhouse: The beginner’s guide
What you'll learn
- Understand the Importance and positioning of Procurement in an organization
- Learn about the Practices and processes involved in driving compliant procurement in the organization
- Familiarize with all the components of Procurement and Sourcing across Manufacturing, Projects and Service sectors
- Learn about Essential skills and mind sets that are necessary to manage different procurement models across sectors
- Get more insights about importance of building credibility and practice procurement leadership
- You don’t need any specific procurement knowledge to finish the course, except for keen interest in learning the procurement concepts.
- However, if you do have some beginner level procurement experience, this course will help you to refine your basics and easily advance to next level
Welcome to the Course: Procurement Powerhouse : The beginner's guide.
You are at the right destination to structure and bootstrap your career in the Exciting World of Procurement.
Procurement function plays an important and vital role in the overall business spectrum and operations of an enterprise, adding value and maximizing savings for the organizations. Organizations must recognize Procurement as Value partner. The Strategic Value in Procurement performance delivery is much beyond Budget controls, Negotiations and Savings. It is about Process ownership, Quality of your service, Innovation mind set, People engagement, Ability to provide valuable and timely insights to stakeholders, collaborating with stakeholders and aligning with cross-functional teams to achieve joint goals and adherence to commitments and Service Levels (SLA). This is possible only through a systematic training, mentoring and active engagement with industry peers and loads of passion supported by time investment in the subject.
This course gives high emphasis on processes, practices, optimization approach and finally the behavioral approach of Procurement or the Procurement leadership that helps to build credibility on a platform of knowledge, skills, commitment, ethics and integrity. To achieve the goal of building a career on a sound foundation of knowledge of Procurement spectrum, skills, categories, processes and virtues, course covers provides valuable inputs at the right time to the aspiring students and make the most of their Procurement journey, by learning about :
Definitions and positioning of Procurement
Founding Pillars of Operations and Procurement that define the procurement spectrum
Roles and responsibilities of a Procurement function, popular operating Models and sufficient glimpses of various categories within multiple sectors
Procurement Processes, Systems and Practices, work flows and control disciplines
Core procurement skills required to managed procurement and grow in to a subject matter expert
Core theme of Strategy development and Procurement Planning, pressing on the importance of deriving linkage between demand and supply, market conditions and Supply Risk Management and Material or Service Planning in with reference to the context of Manufacturing, Services and Project Execution
Ways to estimate costs accurately and importance of price tracking, leveraging information and relationships
The most important procurement capability called Sourcing with focus on Strategic Sourcing
The implementation stage covering Order and Contract management elaborating documentation requirements, supply management concepts and stakeholder management to effectively drive home the benefits of cost partnership and supplier development
Benefits of optimizing procurement processes and elevating procurement performance levels to world class organisations to drive home the advantage of functional efficiency, improved resource management, enterprise wide visibility and higher productivity
Vital and long term development thoughts on developing the virtue of procurement leadership and making integrity, process ownership and control and collaboration, the pillars of your success and integral part of your profession and culture.
This course has been carefully constructed by stitching the above components of Procurement, thus making it a thought based knowledge enhancing guide rather than a technical reference guide. The conceptual explanations and examples have been included based on the trainer’s vast experience in multiple sectors namely Manufacturing, Business Process Outsourcing, IT Services Procurement, e-Commerce, Media and Infrastructure. An honest attempt has been made by bringing references from Service, Manufacturing and Projects sector procurement practices to familiarize students with many possible scenarios to help them in enhancing their skills, link the studied concepts to real time practices, analyse the gaps in between standard practices and scenarios under which the different on ground approaches may have been implemented. The course also guides the students to valuable resources and pressing on the importance of enhancing the procurement career prospects by time investment, continued efforts in applying the knowledge and gain practical experience.
Who this course is for:
- Any graduate or an under graduate stepping out of college exploring different career options
- Any working professional who has taken up a Procurement job and still a novice or trainee (probably with 0-5 years of experience) having no formal training in Procurement but, eager to reinforce his or her foundation of knowledge and interested in advancing in Procurement field
- Any Procurement enthusiast, closely associated with Procurement function with an outsider view, and interested to go deeper in to the subject to enhance their career prospects
- This course is NOT for experienced Procurement Managers who have a sound foundation of Procurement. They can still opt for this course, if they have not had a multi sector experience opportunity before, but interested to explore.
Dwijaraja Gore is a Senior professional in Supply Chain Program Management with basic education in pure sciences followed by post graduate qualification in Materials Management with additional certifications and Training in Business Management, LEAN manufacturing, and Quality Management. Being a performance driven senior executive with 25 Years of demonstrated success, he earned his valuable corporate experience of 25 years with unique blend of Manufacturing, Services and Project sectors.
Dwijaraja, is interested in spreading the professional knowledge with available online resources and targeted content for enthusiastic learners in the field of Supply chain, Natural Sciences and Business Management to transform academic and professional careers.