The Beginner's Guide to Digital Art with Procreate on iPad!
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will understand how to use Procreate's powerful art tools.
- Students will learn a workflow, step-by-step, that works for many types of art - comics, manga, cartoons, & more!
- Students will be able to use Procreate's built in recording features to create fun time-lapse drawings and paintings - great for sharing on social media!
- iPad (iPad Pro required for the .procreate files included. Jpegs are included for non-iPad Pro users.
- Apple Pencil (or a stylus compatible with your iPad)
- The Procreate app from the App Store.
- Be ready to learn!
- NOTE: Many, if not most, of the techniques taught in the course work on other drawing and painting applications, such as Photoshop, Clip Studio, Paintstorm, etc, but Procreate 4 will be used on an iPad throughout this course.
This in-depth, step-by-step course will show you all the basics of working with Procreate on the iPad. Procreate is a powerful application that rivals and, in some cases, outperforms the much pricier competition. I even use it in my professional work for comic book publishers like Image Comics and Top Cow.
You'll learn how to use...
- ...Procreate tools to create line art or colored illustrations - all in real-time! No time-lapses here!
- ...Skills that can carryover into almost any type of art - from comic books to manga to cartoons or web-comics.
- ...Procreate to get you up to speed quickly with easy to follow lessons from a professional.
Whether you are looking to draw or color just for fun or for work, this course will save you a tremendous amount of time by teaching you what it takes to make art with Procreate and have some fun while you're doing it!
In additions to the hours of video lessons, the course also includes:
- a copy of the actual Procreate file used throughout the course, so you can dissect and learn about it from the inside! (You can even watch, rewind, or fast-forward the time-lapse included with the file!)
- Custom, specialized brushes to import into Procreate on your iPad.
- Tons of tips, tricks, and shortcuts!
More bullet points!
- Work at your own pace. There's no need to rush, since there's no time limits.
- Learn simple, but effective techniques for making art with Procreate on the iPad.
- If digital art has been intimidating or if you just couldn't figure out where to start, this is a great place for you!
- The workflow I teach is designed to be simple and efficient - something anyone looking to work in production art will appreciate!
I've created multiple courses over the last four years and taught thousands of students worldwide. You can expect top notch video & audio quality with views of my iPad screen AND my hands, so you can see exactly how everything is done from multiple perspectives - including Procreate's many useful gestures.
NOTE: Many, if not most, of the techniques taught in the course work on other drawing and painting applications, such as Photoshop, Clip Studio, Paintstorm, etc. This course will feature Procreate 4 on an iPad Pro. The Apple Pencil is only compatible with iPad Pro.
So join me! I hope to see you there, and I'd love to help you get started down the path to becoming a great digital artist.
- People who need a great place to begin learning about digital art from a professional.
- People that want to use Procreate to enhance their own traditional art.
An introduction to the course, what to expect, and a little about the instructor.
An overview of the common functions of the Procreate gallery. All of the available downloadable files are also below. If you can't open the zip file, please use the external resources links instead. The files are the same. I've included instructions on installing them in the next lesson.
Congrats! You made it! I hope you enjoyed the course! I've had a lot of fun with Procreate over the last few months, and I hope you will too. It's such a great app - I hope you make a lot of fantastic art with it!
If you're ready to learn more about working with Procreate or working with color generally, I have some next steps for you!
Subscribe on YouTube for lots of free tutorials on digital color:
Or you can hop right into my follow up course - The Advanced Guide to Digital Art with Procreate, right here on Udemy. Get it for only $9.99 with this link:
If you need another coupon that works for a specific course from me, just let me know!
Find me on Twitter & Twitch (weekly live streams) below: