The Advanced Guide to Digital Art with Procreate on iPad!
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll learn that Procreate's tools are more powerful than most realize!
- You'll learn tons of tips, little-known tricks, and shortcuts for this amazing iPad app.
- You'll learn creative ways to use selections, layer masks, filters, adjustments, and a lot more!
- You'll learn art techniques you'll be able to immediately apply to your own work!
- iPad (the newer, the better)
- Apple Pencil (or a stylus compatible with your iPad)
- The Procreate app from the App Store.
- Basic knowledge of Procreate tools... taught in my other Procreate course if you need it!
- Be ready to learn!
Procreate is an amazing digital art app on iPad for sketching, drawing, finished illustrations, and painting. It's an incredibly flexible application that total beginners or seasoned professionals can use to make digital art!
My name is Kurt, and I use Procreate in my professional work at Image Comics as well as my own digital paintings. I've been creating tutorials and online courses since 2013 teaching thousands of students worldwide about digital art.
Procreate is a bit like a piano. If you know the basics, you can play Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star or, with a little practice, you might play some Beethoven! There are so many hidden gestures, functions, and features that take a full advantage of iPad's multi-touch features in a way that is simply impossible on Android or Windows devices.
The course is designed to show you how to get the most of Procreate in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step way. I've covered the basic tools in my course The Beginner's Guide to Digital Art with Procreate, and this course takes it all a step further and really dives deep into Procreate's tools and gestures.
There are several sections that focus on different areas of the application. Here are a few examples:
- Layer functions
- Alpha lock - never worry about going outside the lines again!
- Reference - select your flat colors without switching layers!
- Masking - a super-powerful digital art tool!
- Drawing and painting tricks
- Quickline - Draw straight lines without a ruler at perfect angles!
- Add textures to your work and control where they go.
- Paint with the Smudge tool. Even paint with the eraser!
- Little-known gestures galore!
- Control how the Filters & Adjustments affect your work with great accuracy.
In each lesson, I'll go over how a function works, then show you how you can use it in your own art. Many of Procreate's functions are MUCH more powerful than most users realize.
I'll also include:
- the Procreate file I work on throughout the course
- the Procreate file from two of my own digital paintings with all the layers, so you see exactly how these techniques work from the inside out. This also includes the time-lapse playable within Procreate. You can fast-forward, rewind and zoom to see the process of creating it! Very helpful.
- a copy of the texture we'll create during the course
So join me! I'd love to help you get get the most out of my favorite digital art app for iPad! See you inside! :)
- People who are looking to learn to get the most out of Procreate for iPad. There are so many hidden features & gestures!
- People who are looking for more tips, tricks, and shortcuts that go beyond the basic tools.
- People who are interested in learning how to limit what parts of their image are affected by filters and adjustments.
A brief intro on the instructor K. Michael Russell. Comic book color artist for DC Comics, Image, and Top Cow; digital artist, YouTube, digital art instructor.