Simplify Your Problems: The Psychology of Choice
What you'll learn
- In this course you will learn how to identify a problem, develop and compare solutions, execute a plan and assess the extent to which the problem was solved.
- By the end of the course you will know how to develop a concept map and use a fishbone diagram.
- During the course you will be able to demonstrate understanding of how to trace a problem to the root cause.
- Note taking device such as a tablet is recommended by not required.
- This course is in English.
Today more than ever, being able to effectively demonstrate you can solve problems is a critical skill for success. This short, 30 minute course teaches the I.D.E.A. model, a simple four-step problem solving process that can be applied to almost any problem you want to resolve. The course is structured by providing short lectures on how to use each individual step and includes access to additional tools and strategies that can be used along with the model. The course also includes a brief overview of a number of well known problem solving tools that you can use such as concept mapping, fishbone diagrams or establishing SMART goals.
The I.D.E.A. model includes how to;
Identify a problem
Develop and compare solutions
Execute a plan to achieve the solution
Assess the extent to which the problem was solved
Also included with the course is access to a number of scientific articles related to problem solving, decision making and creativity.
Who this course is for:
- This course is appropriate for anyone that is interested in developing general problem solving skills.
Hi, I'm Richard. As an educational psychologist my focus is on the art and science of decision making as well as goal theory. For over 10 years I have been traveling the world, producing online courses and researching how people from different cultures and backgrounds make goal-oriented decisions. Holding an M.S. in workforce development and a Ph.D. in learning & technology, I help individuals and organizations improve performance and achieve results.