Problem-solving and Decision-making Strategies
What you'll learn
- Use a problem-solving model and key problem-solving skills
- Adapt personal decision-making style to every situation
- Use various decision-making tools and techniques
- Avoid problem-solving traps
- There are no pre-requistes to take this course.
This course gives you exactly what you need to improve your problem-solving and decision-making habits. It gives you models and techniques that you can use in real life professional and personal situations.
It's all about providing a practical framework for improvement and for creating positive habits in problem-solving and decision-making. This is part of a larger skills for life program, and it helped people in very difficult situations or looking to get better at what they do.
The 4+ hours of video content with a focus on practice will help you learn:
- problem-solving and decision-making models
- how to avoid mind and process traps and
- how to use decision-making strategies.
You will learn to use a methodical approach to reach the best decisions by:
- establishing a context for success
- framing the issue properly
- generating alternatives
- evaluating these alternatives and
- choosing the best option.
And, this course gives you the most effective and popular tools for decision-making:
- nominal group technique
- return on investment technique
- devil's advocate technique
- plus-minus-interesting analysis and
- ease-and-effect technique.
The problem-solving model helps you understand what the problem is, identify causes and opportunities, generate solutions, evaluate and choose the best solution, and implement and monitor your actions.
So, you get 2 conceptual models - one for problem solving and other for decision-making - and 5 techniques. With practice and quiz work you will learn in maximum 7 hours a way to make your life better.
This course is for everyone, no special requirements. Come with an open mind and focus on developing your problem-solving and decision-making.
Who this course is for:
- If you want to develop or improve your problem-solving and decision-making skills this course is for you
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.