Problem-solving and Decision-making Strategies
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 26 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- At the end of my course, students will be able to use a problem-solving model, key problem-solving skills and avoid problem-solving traps
- At the end of my course, students will be able to adapt personal decision-making style to every situation, and use various decision-making tools and techniques to generate, evaluate, and choose between alternative courses of action
- There are no pre-requistes to take this course.
This course gives you exactly what you need to improve your problem-solving and decision-making habits. It gives you models and techniques that you can use in real life professional and personal situations.
It's all about providing a practical framework for improvement and for creating positive habits in problem-solving and decision-making. This is part of a larger skills for life program, and it helped people in very difficult situations or looking to get better at what they do.
The 4+ hours of video content with a focus on practice will help you learn:
- problem-solving and decision-making models
- how to avoid mind and process traps and
- how to use decision-making strategies.
You will learn to use a methodical approach to reach the best decisions by:
- establishing a context for success
- framing the issue properly
- generating alternatives
- evaluating these alternatives and
- choosing the best option.
And, this course gives you the most effective and popular tools for decision-making:
- nominal group technique
- return on investment technique
- devil's advocate technique
- plus-minus-interesting analysis and
- ease-and-effect technique.
The problem-solving model helps you understand what the problem is, identify causes and opportunities, generate solutions, evaluate and choose the best solution, and implement and monitor your actions.
So, you get 2 conceptual models - one for problem solving and other for decision-making - and 5 techniques. With practice and quiz work you will learn in maximum 7 hours a way to make your life better.
This course is for everyone, no special requirements. Come with an open mind and focus on developing your problem-solving and decision-making.
- If you want to develop or improve your problem-solving and decision-making skills this course is for you
Introduce problem-solving, present main topics, define terminology used and provide an overview of the problem-solving section of this course.
Proposes an effective problem-solving model and details the approach to problem-solving