Problem-solving and Decision-making Strategies
What you'll learn
- Use a problem-solving model and key problem-solving skills
- Adapt personal decision-making style to every situation
- Use various decision-making tools and techniques
- Avoid problem-solving traps
This course gives you exactly what you need to improve your problem-solving and decision-making habits. It gives you models and techniques that you can use in real life professional and personal situations.
It's all about providing a practical framework for improvement and for creating positive habits in problem-solving and decision-making. This is part of a larger skills for life program, and it helped people in very difficult situations or looking to get better at what they do.
The 4+ hours of video content with a focus on practice will help you learn:
- problem-solving and decision-making models
- how to avoid mind and process traps and
- how to use decision-making strategies.
You will learn to use a methodical approach to reach the best decisions by:
- establishing a context for success
- framing the issue properly
- generating alternatives
- evaluating these alternatives and
- choosing the best option.
And, this course gives you the most effective and popular tools for decision-making:
- nominal group technique
- return on investment technique
- devil's advocate technique
- plus-minus-interesting analysis and
- ease-and-effect technique.
The problem-solving model helps you understand what the problem is, identify causes and opportunities, generate solutions, evaluate and choose the best solution, and implement and monitor your actions.
So, you get 2 conceptual models - one for problem solving and other for decision-making - and 5 techniques. With practice and quiz work you will learn in maximum 7 hours a way to make your life better.
This course is for everyone, no special requirements. Come with an open mind and focus on developing your problem-solving and decision-making.
Who this course is for:
- If you want to develop or improve your problem-solving and decision-making skills this course is for you
Before Udemy, Sorin developed and delivered courses on management, project management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, soft skills for employees and even corrections incidents management.
Currently working as a consultant and program manager, he is a certified trainer and project manager, holding a master degree in International Relations and Policy Making and a bachelor degree in Law and Public Administration.
Sorin coordinated during the last 12 years projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development and human resources.
He has more than 12 years of middle/senior managerial experience within the civil service (justice, corrections, internal affairs, training), private sector (project management, consultancy, training) and NGO (industrial relations, rural development).
Sorin is also a certified International Computer Driving License (ICDL) tester and trainer for the United Nations Peacekeeping Missions, certified Human Resource Professional and a Public Manager (professional degree).