Learn to Fly - Private Pilot Maneuvers
What you'll learn
- Learn to fly airplanes in a flight simulator based on real world procedures
- All practical aspects of a real private pilot course
- Flying lessons consisting of briefings and simulator flights
- A general interest in aviation, some aviation knowledge is helpful.
- Ideally private pilot theoretical knowledge
- To try the shown content yourself you need a computer with a flight simulator and hardware (joystick, pedals, throttle) installed.
Thinking about taking flying lessons? Or maybe you are sure you want to learn how to fly an airplane but it simply exceeds your budget? Or you are a student pilot looking for a way to stay current and prepare for lessons? I will show you the basics of flying using a flight simulator for your home computer - you will learn how to takeoff, land and much more. Even emergency procedures are covered. Like in a real pilot's course, you will be able to watch a briefing first and then go flying!
The training may take place in a simulator, but I am using real-world procedures of private pilot training in a Cessna 152, using all the knowledge I gained during my flight instructor experience. If you are a student pilot you can also use this course to improve your skills.
The airplane used for this course is a Cessna 152. This is a very basic airplane that has been used for flight training for decades.
Note: this course covers practical aspects of flying. The briefings can only provide a short wrap-up of theoretical topics. So this course is best combined with a private pilot theory course or with some existing knowledge in this field.
Disclaimer: all the content shown is flown in a home flight simulator. This course does in no way replace actual flight instruction or may be used as such.
Flight simulator used: X-Plane
Images and additional PDF resources are taken from the FAA publications Airplane Flying Handbook, the Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge and the Flight Navigator Handbook (Public Domain).
Who this course is for:
- People interested in aviation and/or airplanes
- Student Pilots
- Flight Simulator Enthusiasts
I have been an airline pilot for 15 years and a flight instructor on fixed-wing aircraft for nearly 10 years. Recently I also became a helicopter pilot. My second professional interest besides aviation is programming. I do have a university degree in computer science and also work as a self-employed software developer.