Career Assessments in Private Equity
What you'll learn
- You'll learn about your key career preferences, in terms of people vs. data, real world vs. theory, and several other key dimensions
- You'll learn how to identify your desired values and culture from prospective companies through your past experiences
- You'll learn about the major drivers that guide your career decisions, regardless of position, throughout life
- You'll learn to gauge the fit between your preferences and a given position, namely in Private Equity
- You don't need any prior knowledge (naturally, any past test results or past career coaching will help, naturally, but are NOT required)
Have you ever wished to know more about what drives you professionally? Have you ever wondered why you get along with some Private Equity professionals and not others? Have you found yourself wondering if the lifestyle of sourcing, investing and monitoring deals is really for you, and you specifically like about it? Have you found yourself trying to plan your long-term career but without a clear idea?
This course will provide a set of assessments that will help you uncover your career goals and drivers. Both in general terms, but also the consequences these have in terms of the Private Equity profession.
We'll touch on assessments related to:
- The values you most seek (and want to move away from) in a company's culture;
- What actual dimensions and components of work you are most aligned with;
- Your ultimate career drivers and motivators;
- And others;
By the end of it, you will be able to effectively tell under which conditions you perform best, what you preferred promotion and reward system is, what your specific language and goals are, among other assessments.
By the end of this course, you will be more prepared to apply to new positions - or craft your current one - to better match your needs. You will now more about what drives you, and how you can be fulfilled by your work.
Who this course is for:
- You're any professional who is rethinking their long-term impact, legacy, and fulfilment
- You're anyone who is curious about what drives and motivates them professionally
- You're anyone trying to assess the fit between their current work experience and the Private Equity industry
I have what could be considered an unconventional background as a coach. I don’t come from psychology or medicine. In fact, I come from tech. I created two tech startups that reached million-dollar valuations, backed by the MIT-Portugal IEI startup accelerator, afterwards becoming its Intelligence Lead.
After years of coaching and mentoring startup founders on talent management, emotional management, influence and persuasion, among other topics, I started being requested by executives and investors, like venture capitalists, with more complex, large-scale problems.
After years of doing executive work, I started specializing in coaching asset management professionals. With the signing of my first fund manager/CIO clients, I started adapting my performance and influence techniques for purposes such as talent management for PMs and analysts, fundraising from allocators, effective leading a team, and properly assessing talent for compensation/promotion/allocation increases.
I currently provide performance coaching and influence/persuasion coaching for executives and asset management professionals, mostly but not limited to purposes like managing people, leading and closing sales/capital commitments.