Principles of Economics 101: Complete Micro & Macro
What you'll learn
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- How the capitalism and societies function
- The role of government
- Rationale decision-making
- Fiscal and Monetary policies
- Game Theory
- The need for government intervention
- Interest rate and money
- Firm's Decisions
- 2-dimensional Graph
- Simple Mathematics
THE MOST POPULAR ECONOMICS COURSE NOW ON UDEMY.
Last Updated: Jan 2022
This course will prepare you for the fundamental of Economics. It is taught at many introductory level modules at universities for business, economics, accounting, law, engineering, mathematics and even environmental studies. Understanding economics is the key essential skill in the modern world. The study of economics helps people understand the world around them. It enables people to understand people, decision-making, businesses, markets and government policies, and therefore better respond to the threats and opportunities that emerge when the broader economy and personal circumstances change. Topics includes scarcity, demand and supply, firm's cost structure, market structure, game theory, fiscal policy, monetary policy, economic growth, exchange rate and many more. The course will also explain the key historical economics events such as the 2008-2009 Global Financial Crisis and the 1997-1998 Asian Financial Crisis.
Unlike other courses, this course includes a comprehensive set of quizzes and assignments that are designed to assess your grasp of the key concepts. As we know, the best way to learn is to test yourself on the concepts.
This your chance to improve your employability, understanding of the world and make yourself think better with Economics. The structured curriculum will support you in completing the course in 10 weeks.
A lot of time and effort has been devoted to the production of the content in order to provide the best education for all who subscribe to the course. I hope that this course will give you a better understanding of the world, make better decisions in life and look at the world through different lens.
Quality education should be affordable and this course is now offered at a very affordable price.
Course Outline: Principles of Economics 101: Complete Micro & Macro
- MICROECONOMICS -
· Production Possibilities Frontier
· Specialisation and Gains from Trade
· Demand and Supply
· Profit Maximization
· Firm's Cost Structure
· Marginal Thinking
· Perfect Competition
· Monopolistic Competition
· Shut-down Condition
· Sunk-Cost Fallacy
· Prisoner's Dilemma
· Nash Equilibrium and Dominant Strategy
- MACROECONOMICS -
· Macroeconomic Objectives
· Circular Flow of Income
· Macroeconomic Indicators: Production (GDP), Consumer Price Index, Inflation, Unemployment, Labour Force Participation Rate
· Aggregate Production Function
· Explaining and Decomposing Economic Growth
· The Classical Long-Run Growth Model
· Capital Deepening
· Economic Fluctuations
· The Short-Run (Keynesian Cross) Model
· Expenditure and Tax Multiplier Effects
· Fiscal Policy
Money and Banking
· The Nature of Money
· Banks in Money Creation
· Bank Runs, Role of the Central Bank in Financial Stability and Financial Intermediation
· The Instruments of Monetary Policy
· Money Demand and Supply
· Interaction between Money Market and Goods Market
· Conventional and Unconventional Monetary Policy
· 2008 - 2009 Global Financial Crisis
Currency Markets, Exchange Rates, and International Macroeconomics
· Currency Markets and Exchange Rates
· Government Intervention in Currency Markets
· Exchange Rates and the Trade Balance
· Purchasing Power Parity
· Impossible Trinity
· Exchange Rate and Output
· 1997-1998 Asian Financial Crisis
This is your opportunity. There is so much to gain.
Who this course is for:
- Individuals with no Economics background who wants to get started
- Individuals who want to improve their understand of our society and economies
I am a passionate about Economics, data analytics and computer science. I love to collaborate and to share my knowledge and passion with others. Feel free to contact me if you wish to have a conversation.
I got a Bachelor's degree in Economics and Computer Science at National University of Singapore (NUS) and a Master's in Finance at Imperial College London.