Principles of Chemical Processes - Mass & Energy Balance
What you'll learn
- Learn the common processes in Chemical Engineering industry and process variables and how to calculate them.
- Will Understand about Pressure (Fluid Pressure and Hydrostatic head) and types of pressure and way to measure Fluid Pressure Measurement by Monometer.
- Get the knowledge about Ideal Gas and the Laws of Gases.
- Able to understand Law of Conservation of mass and know how to apply it on Different Systems.
- Will Understand about Pressure and Pressure Scales and the Conversion Factor and the Measurement of Pressure.
- Learn what system energy is and perform energy balance calculation.
- Know how to Use Differential & Integral Balances for Material Balance.
- Learn how to perform material balance and energy balance on Reactive Processes.
- Know how to use Flow Chart Streams and Flow Chart Scaling for the Calculation of Material Balance.
- Extent of Reaction and the Calculation of Extent of Reaction for Multiple Reactions.
- Calculation of Balances on Molecular & Atomic Species
- Understand about the Energy Balance on Open & Closed Systems
- On completion of the course, students will be able to apply mass balance equation for different systems and can solve numericals based on mass transfer.
- On completion of the course, students will be able to apply thermal energy balance equation for different systems and can solve numericals on Energy Transfer
- On completion of the course, students will be able to calculate fluid pressure.
- Basic Knowledge of Chemistry.
In the field of chemical engineering, a solid understanding of core principles is essential. This course has been carefully developed to provide both new and experienced engineers with a comprehensive grasp of these fundamentals.
Through this course, participants will delve into key areas of chemical engineering, ensuring they're well-prepared to tackle real-world challenges. Beyond just theory, the curriculum provides practical insights that are directly applicable in professional settings.
With the industry constantly evolving, staying updated with core concepts like material balances, pressure calculations, and gas laws is crucial. This course ensures that engineers, whether starting out or experienced, have the knowledge and tools to excel.
In short, if you're aiming to strengthen your foundation in chemical engineering, this course is a valuable resource.
1. Composition of Mixtures:
Understanding Molecular Weight & Mole: Conversion Techniques between Mass & Moles
Delineating Mass & Mole Fraction: Transition from Composition by Mass to Molar Composition
Fundamentals of Concentration
An Overview of Pressure: Grasping Pressure Scales including Atmospheric, Gauge, Vacuum, and Absolute
Essential Conversion Factors related to Pressure
Techniques and Tools for Fluid Pressure Measurement
3. Ideal Gases & Gas Laws:
Comprehension of Ideal Gases: Equation of State, Standard Temperature & Pressure, and Associated Challenges
Analysis of Ideal Gas Mixtures and Vapor-Liquid Equilibria in Multi-Component Systems
Application and Understanding of Henry’s Law, Raoult’s Law, Antoine Equation, and Dalton’s Law
4. Fundamentals of Material Balances:
Introduction to Chemical Processes: Categorization, Dynamics of Steady & Unsteady States, and the Fundamental Balance Equation
Exploring Differential and Integral Balances within Chemical Processes
Techniques for Material Balance in Differential Processes
Analyzing Flow Chart Streams and Computing Flow Chart Stream Balances
Methods for Flow Chart Scaling and Associated Calculations
5. Balances on Reactive Systems:
Insights into Balances on Reactive Systems: Handling Limiting & Excess Reactants
Delving into the Extent of Reaction and its Quantitative Calculation
Unpacking Multiple Reactions: Understanding Yield & Selectivity
Calculating the Extent of Reaction in Scenarios with Multiple Reactions
Balances on both Molecular & Atomic Species
Comprehensive Degree of Freedom Analysis for Reactive Systems
6. Energy Balance:
Introduction to the First Law of Thermodynamics and Various Energy Forms: Kinetic, Molecular, and Internal
Techniques for Conducting Energy Balances on Closed Systems
A Deep Dive into Specific Properties and Enthalpy
This course seamlessly blends theory, practical exercises, and intricate numerical problems, ensuring a comprehensive grasp on the subject. Tailored for engineers, it dives deep into real-world applications that are pivotal for current and future industry challenges. Enroll now to sharpen your analytical skills and stay ahead in your engineering journey."
Who this course is for:
- This Course is for Students on the relevant fields (Chemical, Mechanical, Process engineering).
- Chemical Engineers refreshing their Mass and Energy Transfer.
- Teachers / Professors requiring extra knowledge on Mass & Energy Transfer.
OZIS Academy is the platform for struggling university or high school students and professionals who want to improve their skills in the work field as we provide quality and detailed courses. We offer courses from brilliant Ph.D. Professors from prestigious Universities who are experts in their relative fields. We have a team of well-experienced, full-time faculty and dedicated staff including talented retired and working University professors. Our mission is to impart the most qualitative education by the way of systematic methodical and scientific approaches.