Primavera & Power BI Integration | Interactive Dashboards
What you'll learn
- Install and signup the free version of Power BI
- Adjust Primavera P6 projects' schedules
- Integrate between Primavera P6 and Power BI
- Prepare project database in a very organized way
- Creates powerful interactive project reports & dashboards
- Compare progress between baseline and updates
- Publish Power BI reports and dashboards online
- Complete a case study for a real hotel project
- Basic Knowledge of working with Excel
- Basic Knowledge of working with Primavera P6
Microsoft Power BI is the easiest reporting tool available today, used for data analysis and interactive visualization. Microsoft Power BI is available for free, you just need to sign up. It is super easy to use to create interactive reports and dashboards.
I will teach you how to easily transfer your Primavera programs to a powerful dashboard to get a deep insight into your projects and to drive your business decisions. Also, I will show you how to publish your dashboards and access them through your smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
In this course, I will take you step by step, topic by topic, with the easiest way possible, using the most effective ways to adjust your schedules, prepare the database and create your Power BI interactive reports. In addition, I will explain all the tricks and hicks that you may face during the integration through a full example for a real five-star hotel example.
The course has the following topics:
A. Power BI Overview
B. Install Power BI desktop
C. Adjust Primavera Programme
D. Adjust the database, using Excel
E. Check the values in Power BI
F. Explore visuals
G. Filters & Slicers
H. Measure and new columns calculations
I. Link Power BI to the project layouts
J. Case Study: complete 5-star hotel example
K. Publish /Share the report, using the mobile application
Who this course is for:
- Project Directors / Project Managers / Functional Managers
- Schedulers / Planning Engineers
- Project Engineers / Project Coordinators
- Whoever wants to enhance her/his reporting skills
A Six Sigma, PMP, PMI-SP, CCP, PMI-RMP, PSP & EVP certified, highly skilled project controls manager with extensive 17-year experience in construction project management within large-scale projects across international organizations in the Middle East and Australia.
My project exposure comprises complex construction projects (airport, hotels, roads-bridges, high rise buildings, and campus).
I am eager for project management knowledge and share my expertise. I provided project management training courses and consultancy to a wide range of students.