Primavera P6 PPM Professional Advanced Features
What you'll learn
- This course is aimed at teaching students the advanced features of Primavera Project Manager P6 PPM Professional Client up to an intermediate level.
- - Setting up and administering a database
- - Import/export
- - Activity Codes
- - Custom Data Fields
- - Global Change
- The ability to use a personal computer and understand the fundamentals of the operating system.
- Experience using application software such as Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of how projects are planned, scheduled and controlled, including understanding the project management processes applicable to your projects.
- Access to a computer with Oracle Primavera P6 loaded.
The course was updated to Oracle Primavera P6 Version 201on 15 May 202.
This course aims to teach participants:
SCHEDULING OPTIONS AND SETTING A BASELINE
Understanding Date Fields
Scheduling Options – General Tab Setting the Baseline
USER AND ADMINISTRATION PREFERENCES AND SCHEDULING OPTIONS
User Preferences Admin Menu
OTHER METHODS OF ORGANIZING PROJECT DATA
Understanding Project Breakdown Structures
User Defined Fields
WBS Category or Project Phase Resource Codes
Cost Accounts Owner
Introducing Global Change
The Basic Concepts of Global Change
Specifying the Change Statements
Examples of Simple Global Changes
Selecting the Activities for the Global Change
Duration Calculations with Global Change
(Any of the following) and (All of the following)
Temporary Values Global Change Functions
More Advanced Examples of Global Change
MANAGING THE ENTERPRISE ENVIRONMENT
Multiple User Data Display Issues
Enterprise Project Structure (EPS)
Organizational Breakdown Structure – OBS
Users, Security Profiles and Organizational Breakdown Structure
Project Codes Filtering, Grouping and Sorting Projects in the Projects Window
Project Durations in the Projects Window
Why Are Some Data Fields Gray and Cannot Be Edited?
Summarizing Projects Job Services
MULTIPLE PROJECT SCHEDULING
Multiple Projects in One Primavera Project
Multiple P6 Primavera Projects Representing One Project
Setting Up Primavera Projects as Sub-projects
Refresh Data and Commit Changes
Who Has the Project Open?
Setting Baselines for Multiple Projects
Restoring Baselines for Multiple Projects
Advanced Scheduling Options
Audit Trail Columns
Excel Import and Export Tool
Project Import and Export
Check In and Check Out
UN/CEFACT XML format
Online HTML Help
Who this course is for:
- Programme Managers and Project Control staff evaluating the software against your organisational requirements.
- Project schedulers who wish to learn how to use the software to schedule and control projects.
- Database managers who wish to understand how to set up and administer a database.
- Experienced project personal who wish to learn how to schedule and control a project.
Paul Harris holds an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering obtained in the UK and is a Certified Cost Engineer through AACEI International, a PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner and a “Managing Successful Programmes” Registered Practitioner. He has worked in the project controls industry for a number of years and has assisted many companies in a range of industries to set up and run project controls systems. His Melbourne, Australia based company, Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, offers project controls consulting and training services world wide with a strong focus on Microsoft Project and Primavera software.
As a project controls consultant I have used a number of planning and scheduling software packages for the management of a range of project types and sizes. The first books I published were user guides/training manuals for Primavera SureTrak®, P3 and Microsoft Project users. These were well received by professional project managers and schedulers, so I decided to turn my attention to developing books that demonstrated how the software is used with project management methodologies such as PRINCE2 and the PMBOK® Guide. This book follows the same layout as my other books and I trust this book will assist you in understanding how to use Primavera P6 to plan and control your projects.