Pricing Your Services: Conquer the Five Pitfalls
- You don't need to do anything before taking this course. Just jump right in and let's get going!
This 1-hour course introduces you to the Pricing Your Services program by addressing the five most common pricing pitfalls, how to counter them, and how to develop a pricing system that enables you to scope, cost, and price your services quickly and effectively.
The course consists of videos and mashups. You can also download a printable workbook (PDF). You'll also see excerpts from interviews I've conducted with clients and successful consultants, who share their wisdom and insights.
If you're a business consultant who is trying to evolve from a series of freelance gigs to a sustainable consulting practice and struggle with how to price your services, this course is for you. Let's get going!
- This course is ideal for consultants and entrepreneurs who are trying to go from freelancer to consulting practice and struggle with how best to price their professional services.
- The Pricing Pitfalls
- Pitfall 1. The Commodity Trap
- Pitfall 2. Falling Short of Awesome
- Pitfall 3. One Size Fits All
- Pitfall 4. Blindfolded on a Bridge
- Pitfall 5. That's My Price! Sorry.
- Pitfalls Wrap-Up
- What is My Pricing System?
- Why a Pricing System?
- How Do We Get to a Pricing System?
- Parting Advice: Belen Bilgic-Schneider (freelancer)
- Parting Advice: Mike Noble (Allen Communication)
- Parting Advice: Karen Basile (Tyco)
- Parting Advice: John Shaw (BravoSolution)
- What's Next?
- Onto the next course!
Gus has run his own organizational effectiveness consulting practice for over 20 years and has worked with hundreds of client organizations ranging from pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare product companies to brokerage, banks, and insurance companies, from IT startups to long-established telecommunications service providers as well as law firms, retailers, hospital systems, and chemical manufacturers. His proposals have won—and lost—multi-million dollar deals as well as much smaller ones.
He has earned a PhD in Education with a minor in Leadership, an MBA, and a BS in Marketing as well as a Certified Performance Technologist designation. He has taught Masters-level elearning design courses and frequently delivers live and virtual workshops for leaders at all levels. He regularly presents at industry conferences and is a recognized thought leader in the talent development industry. His passion, though, is mentoring colleagues and fellow consultants as they launch and expand their businesses. Over the years, he has counseled hundreds of business consultants and budding entrepreneurs.