How to Price Consumer Products (FMCG/CPG)?
What you'll learn
- Create and document a winning Pricing Strategy for Consumer Products
- Have a sound understanding of the 6 key factors that influence a Consumer Pricing Strategy
- Understand how key elements of the Pricing Strategy impact a Product P&L
- Simple Mathematics
- Basic Marketing Principles
This course will equip you with a good understanding of how large consumer brands (FMCG/CPG) set and manage product pricing in the real world. If you are looking for detailed academic theory then this course may not be for you.
Please view the "Course Overview and Structure" and "What is a Consumer Pricing Strategy?" free course videos before purchasing this course so you are clear on what you are about to purchase.
The course showcases in simple english the concepts behind pricing a consumer product, and then puts them to practical use with a detailed example. If you are not comfortable with the English language and basic Mathematics, then this course may not be for you.
You can download the P&L and Category Analysis Grid templates in Excel, which you can then customize for your brand or business.
In about 60 minutes of video you will gain from my 20+ years of senior marketing and category management experience with some of the biggest consumer brands in the world across both developed and emerging markets
Whether you work for a large consumer product business or are a small business competing against the global brands or you are a start up in the food and consumer product space, this course will add to your understanding and capability on pricing and category management, while helping you be in control of your P&L.
Who this course is for:
- Students and Professionals who aspire to or already work in marketing, brand management, category management or sales with a consumer product organisation
- Start ups, business owners and managers who sell any kind of consumer products
- Finance, Operations & Supply Chain professionals who want to understand a how marketing arrive at and implement a Price Strategy
- Experienced professionals looking to revisit fundamentals and implement new Pricing methodologies and processes in a consumer product organisation
FMCG Academy is a New Zealand based Global E-learning company. Established by Vikram Khanna, a skilled consumer marketing and category management professional with an MBA and 20+ years of experience growing global FMCG/CPG brands in New Zealand and India.
I have held senior management roles as Marketing Director/Head of Category/Trade Marketing, with global consumer product organisations such as Gillette-P&G, Ferrero, SC Johnson and Simplot managing and growing powerful brands such as Gillette, Oral-B, Nutella, Ferrero Rocher, Tic Tac, Parker, Papermate, Kinder, Mr Muscle, Raid, Duracell, Braun, Pledge, Glade etc.
FMCG Academy's video training philosophy is based on two pillars : being Short and Simple. We believe that it takes extensive research, knowledge and good recording and editing capabilities to produce videos that work effectively in less time.
Our videos and templates are easy to understand and our courses are normally less than 60 minutes. All the course material is created through extensive study and practical application in world class consumer product organisations. It works in real organisations, in real business situations and delivers real results.