Prevent Back Pain with Five Steps
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of the course you will be able to identify stretches and strengthening exercises that reduce lower back pain.
- By the end of the course you will be able to identify work station set up tips to help prevent lower back problems from occurring.
- In this course you will learn how to safely stretch muscles that act on the lower back, a sequence of deep core strengthening exercises, and criteria for when to progress to the next level or continue on a maintenance plan.
- No course prerequisite
Identify solutions for back pain and strengthen deep core muscles. Learn techniques that will release tight muscles and strengthen weak muscles. Identify posture and breathing that supports a healthy lower back. Video instruction will help you realign with stretches and establish a daily habit of core exercises appropriate to your level of beginner, intermediate, or more advanced. Checklists for the exercises will allow you to track your progress. An introduction to functional exercise video will show you the proper way to continue progressing when and if you're ready.
Last, we'll cover the ergonomics of sitting and standing during work and play and provide tips for making small changes that will promote healthy postures and reduce the incidence of back pain in your activities of daily life.
If you are suffering from back pain or you have in the past and wish to prevent it from happening again this course is for you. If you have avoided exercise because you believe it to be too hard or painful this program is a more gentle approach. Some of the techniques even fitness professionals have used in the past have contributed to the problem as opposed to help solve it. More recent research is applied in this course. Each back pain problem is unique and every individual is unique. This program will guide you through how to choose the options best for your back pain and identify when to leave one out if it doesn't fit your needs.
The goal of this course is to reduce the incidence of lower back pain and or reduce the intensity of pain, or both. Though this course is intended for people with acute or chronic lower back problems it may also help athletes and weekend warriors improve performance by building a better foundation for core strength.
This course doesn't replace the advice of your physician or medical recommendations. Seek medical advice before beginning this or any exercise program.
- This course is intended for persons who have experienced chronic lower back pain or have a frequent reoccurrence of low back pain. No experience required, though approval of your physician is recommended if you have severe lower back issues.
- All exercise programs are not appropriate for all people. Before beginning this or any exercise program consult with your medical professional. This exercise program is not intended to replace medical advice. The instructor, promoter, and publishers of this course are in no way responsible for injuries that occur during or after the use of the exercises or the instructions herein.